• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

so proud of big buny bertie finally!

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
I am going to jinx this now arent i!?
I have to say im sooo pleased with my big fella..hes been with us since sept 1st and he had to live in a playpen int he lounge as no cage would holdhim..and he was hell to litter train...even when he bonded with bif he always thought heck im desperate ill do it here..pure laziness so twice hes had meds in case it was an infection..he didnt seem well and it was very very dark and smelt of coconuts! Think now its jus the dust from the cncrete floor stilld rying out post flood in my lounge causing irritation.
Any hoo im soo chuffed with him..we used to have 5 litter trays all over the lounge and it was hit n miss with him..i always thought hed nver get trained..but the last week or so ive had no accidnets with him..no scent marking wees and he was at the foot of his doggy steps ( fleece covered pet stairs for sete and bed access!) and suddenly ran yes ran to the other end of the lounge to use his favourite tray for a wee. weve been really praisng him and whenhe gets in the tray and starts to lift his tail over the edge..he stops and wriggles and turns and pees just right..he loves the praise and round of applause he gets..
i cant belive it hes been sooo good a few weks back he was peeing around the food and water bowls and wherever hed been and pooed.
mm the poos are sometimes in the tray but only as a token gesture..he poos wherever he eats or feels like it..and bif is copying himt here but both ahve stopped wee scent marking im so chuffed!
go bertie mummys big beautifulboy..and there was me not liking rEw bunies..hjes so funny and cute.
Today him n bif had freer ange of our grassy section of our little garden..bertie did move a bit honest! But Bif..she was a shock..she is usually a bit nervy in the garden but today she was binkying and running and hopping like a field bunyn it was soo cute.
my gardens stilla mud patch from the rain..the messed up work done 2 years ago means no drainage and the grass is very patchy and somehow ive got dafodils and bluebells and croscuses appear..i didnt know and we went round pulling the leaves out but bertie ate a bit of daffodil leaf..theyre toxic so im panicking but he seems ok and ive come to bed and hes eating etc fine..and hes very tired from his wadle round the grass.
bif is knackered not surpirised!
bertie has won his gold star for taking almost 7 motnhs to go for a wee in a tray! everytime too!
go bertie!

thank you fiona says bertie hes so proud of himself!

Aww gem hun i will indeed..do your ealise we got bif a year ago today!
you shouldhave seen her today running in the graden with him..well her unning anyway! nose rubs..you need hands to rub his nose with bless him! bifs leting me pet her more and more shes almost as friendly as she was when i got her now..and after bonding with oscar and getting braver..who knows she might get back to her old self at last. shes had us in stitches running mad today and she was rather glad i picked her up to carry her in..her feet were muddy and cold..she doesnt like that! she gave me a full on cuddle and didnt run when i went to pick her up..i knew she was cold bless her.
berie had to clump in on hs own and got confused to had to be carried over the door step..and went off looking for bif..to make sure she was ok..

if youre ever in the area gem..come rub her nose yourself..bertie says rub hisd cheeks too please.but watch out for those slobbery lips..hes like a horse! :lol:

Back