• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this better?

catherine

Warren Scout
Tango used to have woodshavings for his bed but I wondered if it was causing is respiritory problems so I have now changed him to carefresh and hay. Is this better?
Also does anyone know where I can get a bigger bag of it from?

I've heard pine shaving cause problems. Do a google search and you'll learn a lot on the subject. Good luck.

As far as I'm aware you can't get big bags of carefresh, but you can get megazorb, which is similar and can be used for animals that are allergic to shavings.

crazyrabbitlady said:
As far as I'm aware you can't get big bags of carefresh, but you can get megazorb, which is similar and can be used for animals that are allergic to shavings.

Megazorb is brill. Not dusty at all. :D

You can get Megazorb from horse feed merchants, round here it is about £5 a bag. If you search 'Megazorb' the company website gives a list of stockist in your area. Alternately, there is somewhere on the interweb that delivers, I just can't think where at the mo!

pine shaving contain phenol which is associated with respiratory problems in small animals, therefore its not a good idea to use it. Carefresh and hay is fine but carefresh is majorly expensive. We all love megazorb on here... its cheap as well £5 for a huge sack and it goes a long way. If you live in the North East - you can get megazorb from farmway, if not then there will be loads of other places u can get it, like from farm stores, phone them up and ask them.

:)

I use Wilkinsons Cat Litter Pellets, a bag of 5 litres is £3.99, they are compressed sawdust and pick it up, no clumping, no dust

I use Magazorb. A sack fills an 80 ltr bin and costs £5.30 here. Even if you have to pay a delivery charge on top it's still loads cheaper than anything else. It's very absorbant as it's used for horses.

Back