• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Fees

Neil-and-Maria

Warren Veteran
Following on from rianne23's post regarding Tiger in Rabbit Care Discussion I would be interested to see what others are charged by their vets for basic rabbit needs ie neutering/spaying, myx/vhd vaccinations and consultancy fees.
Our vet in Blackpool charges £40 for spay/neuter, £13 per vac for myx/vhd and £6 consultancy unless you have treatment in which case this is wiped.

Neil

£21 myxi/vdh vaccination - but they've just brought in a new 'buy one, get one free' policy...
Neuter - £40 standard, £60 complex (retained testicle)
not sure on consultation fee

vaccs £15 each cant remember what i was quoted for neutering all i know is it ended up coming to iver £100 because teegs decided that he like the vets so much he wanted to stay the weekend :roll: (the vet's children even went out to the paddock and handpicked him grass and dandelions etc...no wonder he wanted to stay there it was like a 5 star hotel :lol: )

the vacs are about £25 each ops are ok if u have 2 you save money etc for example neutering and teeth burring. Neuturing our thumps is £60 ish i think? but dpeends how long he is under for- if there are compication then it gets more expensive regardless of what they do teeth other stuff etc :)

vacs at mine are 15 with a health check up included.
neuter is 38 but spay is abit more expensive.
when i took harvey when he got attacked it only cost me just over a tenner for him to be looked at and given advice and treatment.
and when he got the things on his skin that cost me under a tenner and he lent me his scissor :lol:

I think my vets charged £65-£75 for a spay.

The price of vaccinations depends on which package you buy. I go for the most expensive, which is £40. This pays for one VHD and two myxi vaccinations over a year. Works out cheaper than paying for them separately.

Downland vets (Just up the road from me)
£22 consult
19.92 Mxyi Vac
Not sure on VHD Vac and can't remember what they charge for a neuter, been so long since I had one done

Pet Doctors (A bus ride away)
£66 for a spay + after op check
£19.42 for VHD
Not sure on Mxyi, Castrate or plain consult 'cos they don't do my guys

My vets are really really good. VHD and Mxyi are £15.50 each and Neutering is a really good price too, and the vet is great, and doesn't look at you like your crazy when you come in with half your pets stuff even if you are only there for 10 mins.

I just paid £12.50 for VHD and £11.50 for myxi, neutering was just under £30 iirc, think a spay is about £45. Not sure what the basic consult is as mine have only been in for jabs and neuter. They sell oxbow timothy hay and pellets there too :)

Back