• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheds- good or bad?

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
Apologies if this has already been asked, I can't seem to search at the moment.

Currently, my two live in a playhouse with a run attatched to the front. It is fine but the garden is really muddy and due to Smokey and Inky's digging efforts, the floor needs replacing.

My dilemma is- do I replace the floor and move the run to the side or do I buy a small shed (and stick the run on the side)?

Replacing the floor is going to be a big job, also with all the illness we seem to have had lately, it would be easier to give the rabbits syringe feeding etc in a shed, where I can actually stand up(I also have back problems)!

However, the rabbits love the playhouse and I'm worried about the ventilation in a shed in the summer.

Any advice or experience will be brilliant!

Thanks

FC

I've got mine in a shed which is good to stand up in, but I'd like a playhouse, so I guess we always want what we don't have :lol:

Id love to keep mine in a shed but its not possible at the moment but if your worried about ventilation problems you could have the top half of the door with a mesh window so they cant jump out but still let the air in.

Me loves my shed :love: :love: :love: :love:

I had it all throught summer last year and I propped open the cat flap so a breeze could get into the shed. It is in shade some of the day.

I guess if it's gets a problem this year I'll have to rethink some stuff. :D

Thanks for the comments.

Just out of interest how big are your sheds?

I'm thinking of getting a smallish one, say about 6x4.

Mine is 6x4 and my run is 6x8.

I'm soon to order another run to go on the grass it will be 5x12. They will only be in the new run when I'm there. There will be no roof or bottom on it.
I'm going to get some pond netting to stretch over the top if I need to go pee,pee or coffee,coffee :D

I love my shed, it's 6' x 4' and I've put an inner wire door on it so I can leave the main door open for ventilation, I've also replaced the window with wire and they have a catflap to a 6' x 4' run :D

my shed is 6 by 8 and the runs attached are the same size. just gives them so much space, and is so easy to clean out as I don't have to bend over!
outside...
DSCN0480.jpg

inside...
DSCN1000.jpg

Yes, it's the bending that is killing me at the moment!

Also, I just find that when I have to do anything a bit medical, the playhouse is difficult to get into and administer anything.

I think what I may do for the moment is move my run to the side of the playhouse. Then I can shop around for shed while the grass recovers!

B&T- I love it that you have a posse of rabbits!

Back