• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stains in litter trays white vinegar ?

Steph

Warren Veteran
Is it white vinegar that gets rid of stains in litter trays and indoor cage bottoms please ? Ive acquired an indoor cage and its all crusty at the bottom :oops: :roll: I would like to get it nice and clean :D

Vinegar is the way forward, I just used regular stuff on mine ...... had to have some chips after tho .....

Is it a plastic cage Steph ?

Vinegar is good, but every now and again I fill mine with water and pop in a Milton sterilisation tablet and leave it - removes tough stains :D

Thanks Chloe and are you making the chips ! :lol: Ooo dumper truck image !

Lynn yes its a plastic cage. Ill get some sterilsing tablets later thanks so much ! :D

Ooo I never thought about sterilising tablets! One of my litter trays has some really stubborn stains on!

Strangely, anti dandruff shampoo gets the crusty stains off quite well :lol: :lol: :lol: . Don't ask how I discovered this useless little fact. It included a litter tray, a bathroom and me running out of vinegar :lol: :lol: .

I wonder if those things you buy for false teeth would work, they are suppose to move all stains and they're bound to be safe?

SOAD said:
I wonder if those things you buy for false teeth would work, they are suppose to move all stains and they're bound to be safe?

I did think about those aswell :oops: :lol: , but I figured Milton is used for babies, so must be completely harmless :D

Wow loads of things to help then, thanks. People will think Im well weird buying denture tablets, sterilsing tablets, anit dandruff shampoo and white vinegar :lol: :lol: Come to think of it theres no change there :oops: :roll: :lol:

Thanks Jemma :D Ive found a bottle of milton in my cupboard I use it for pet stuff so Ive poured half a bottle in the cage bottom with some cold water :shock: If this doesnt work Im off for the other supplies ! :lol: How long do I leave the Milton on for ? Spose till the marks have gone :lol:

Back