• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dog crates sizes ?

madysmummy

Mama Doe
never having done this before... was wondering what size dog crate is best for 2 med buns. mady seems to be quite a bigish medium bun and we are hoping to get her a hus-bun once we've moved. just looking on ebay and its all slightly confusing :?

also what do people line their's with ? think vet bed will just be weed on

Inimical Me said:
The biggest, a 48" one.

I line mine with a blanket. It does get weed on occasionally :lol: :lol:

yeah thats the biggest i've seen in my quick look on ebay ! hubby said 'bargin' when i emailed hi about it - not sure if he was being serious or funny !

Yup i had a 48" one for simba and nala. I did then add a playpen to it to make their area bigger as well. I lined mine with blankets but they were always weed on so started using newspaper instead

When I had a crate I got some perspex from Wickes (B&Q do it too) and cut 4 inch wide strips to make a 'wall' around the bottom (cble tied on). Then I could use sawdust in it without it coming out of the sides. I think some people have used correx (sp?) plastic to do this too.

Back