• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Piccies of New 8' run for the buns!

Thanks to my wonderful father-in-law, my buns have a gorgeous new 8' x 5' run under their 5' double hutch! :D He has done a fantastic job, and it even includes a little door for them to get in and out of the run when the weather is nice and I am supervising them in the garden!

I also took the opportunity to re-stain the buns' hutch aswell as the new run and put hasps and padlocks on the hutch and run to make it extra secure for them!

The run is 18" high at the moment (which is fine for the buns at the moment as they are quite a small breed) but I am going to make it 36" in the next couple of weeks hopefully (as soon as I can persuade my father-in-law to make the extra height :wink: )

Amanda x

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

IMG_1489.jpg

IMG_1488.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1523.jpg

That looks amazing, well done to him - don't suppose he fancies a commission in Lancashire does he :?: :D

I am nearer than Kayjay - maybe he would be happy to stay in Kent to help all the bunnies extend their houses!!!

Looks great!

Lol! Thanks guys....he had never made one before, but he fits kitchens, bathrooms etc etc. I was so chuffed! And it only cost me £75 total (£50 materials and £25 labour), after being quoted £160 for one the same size by Happy Hutch!

The extension will only cost £15.00 as I was able to save the mesh off of my old run :)

Maybe if Kevin hits a dry spell in his decorating work I can sub him out to you all! :wink:

Amanda x

Looking at your other pics of the rabbits, I don't know that it needs making any taller, they're only little aren't they (gorgeous buns, I love fluffy lionheads :love: ). Instead of him spending time extending the height, wouldn't he prefer a holiday in the lovely Ribble Valley :wink:

I've said to him that if he ever wants to make it a full time occupation...I am sure I could get a few orders! :wink:

Just wish he had had the time to make my hutch! I am sure he could make something absolutely fab!

He is truly a star!

Here is the great man himself (affectionately known as SuperKev!)

IMG_1461.jpg

Amanda x

I really wish I had/knew a man who can :(

My dad was good and built all his hutches and bird aviaries himself but now he's disabled and in any case lives in Nottingham

And me too please! and then can i come round to yours to have a Passoa and lemonade!!?? (just noticed that behind superkev in the pic!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: Jane! You're great! Unfortunately he is very married to my lovely mother-in-law!

Maybe we could clone him..... :wink: :lol: And have lots of SuperKevs for building hutches and runs....and other things :oops: :lol:

Amanda x

Back