• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recommend me a run (please)

Muppet2

Alpha Buck
Sorry, I know there are loads of posts about hutches and runs. I think I've looked at so many now, I'm totally confused.

What I want is a run to be used on a patio/slabs. It needs to be weatherproof and folding (when it's not being used, it will be stacked up against a wall outside). I'm not bothered about a cover for weather or protection since it will only be used under supervision.

I quite like the look of the wire/plastic ones that have different panels and can be expanded. (So I could cover all/part of the patio as suits me.)

Can you think of anything suitable? I cant think anymore!!! Grateful for suggestions.

My wire run needs securing into the grass with tent pegs to make it stand up, so I don't know that would be suitable.

I'd go for a folding wooden one off ebay, then you could use it when you're not around if you wish

Also, look up aviary panels on ebay, you can then make a run to your own specs

if you know a good handy man (like partner dad gdad uncle brother etc) then its far cheaper to make one yourself!!! and it will be a lot bigger!

if you know a good handy man (like partner dad gdad uncle brother etc) then its far cheaper to make one yourself!!! and it will be a lot bigger!

I dont :( So I need to buy a run...

The lady Snowy recommended is making me a 6ft x 5ft x 3 high run and at a good price :D Ill see if I can find the posting.

have to tried ringing any local carpenters ? they could make you one with good quality stuff and to your measurements. use yell.com and make a list and get some quotes :D

The man who makes the stuff for me I got him out the bargain pages, he was just a carpenter, now he's building hutches and runs left right and centre. Try your bargain pages, or ring up the local college and ask from someone on a joinery course to make you one, they'll do it cheap for the experaince and a bit of spends :D

Back