• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benny is Engaged!!!

AliBenMummy

Mama Doe
Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited, I just had to tell someone...

Yesterday Benny went dating to our local animal rescue and he's found himself a lovely lady called Betty. We did a bonding session in a neutral place and it all went swimmingly. There was the obligatory humping and chasing, followed by a rest and grooming, followed by more humping and chasing. I thought it went really well, there was no aggression whatsoever.

Betty is a little white lop with pink eyes and is lovely with people. There are some yellowish markings on her back, but I suspect they are urine stains. :? She's going to be neutered this week and will be coming home with us as soon as she is recovered. :thumb:

Initially both buns will live in the house with us until they're properly bonded, then they will go outside into their hutch. This will be completely neutral territory for both as it is a new hutch and garden so hopefully there won't be any problems... :D

I fell in love with all the bunnies in there and although I can't look after them all, I have decided to voluteer there. At least I can give the bunnies some love and attention even if I can't offer them all a home. Some of the male buns come across as being really aggressive, but they're just frustrated and need to be neutered. One little chap in particular has stolen my heart and despite pleading with my OH I'm not allowed to offer him a home. :( I have decided though to pay for him to be neutered so he calms down a bit and will be happier...hopefully he'll appeal to more people and will be rehomed soon.

Please send positive vibes for Betty's op!

I'll definately post pictures as soon as Betty is home with us. I tried to take some of their first meeting, but they were zipping round so quickly, they were just blurry fuzzy things!

I think Benny is looking forward to seeing her again too! :D

Back