• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another question about......

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Food.

Theo and cleo get a handful of about 12/13 SS pellets morning and night- and a couple as a treat through the day (each)

They have some vegies in the evening, and parsley and basil leaves as treats through the day and the occasional sprout)

They also have access to hay ALL DAY

So why oh why do they get obsessed when i put their pellets in???? They run at their bowls- eat them quickly and get agrresive when i go near the bowl. Its like they havent eaten in years.

Surely if they are hungry they will eat the hay. I feel guilty as though ive starved them and they are worrying me now. Could they just really like pelletts?

How old is Cleo? if she is under 8 months she should have access to unlimited pellets to allow her to grow properly

My buns love SS as well so I wouldn't worry about that, whenever I shake their feed ball with it in my buns come racing, they act like I never feed them! :lol: I'm not to sure about why your buns are aggressive towards you though. :?

agression part--its only when i try and like, move their bowl or touch their food. (which is understandable)

I dont know how old cleo is- but shes older than 8 months s she was neutered a few months ago and was a stray.

They have 2 meal times a day and veg with those meals and snacks through the day and loadddsss of hay.

I dont get it- maybe i should worm her.

YEAH- WORMS- THATS A GOOD IDEA- i should have though of that before. Whats a good rabbit wormer to get?

is there any symptoms for worms really? and i bet its a good idea to do them both.

I bet the vets is expensive is there any like over the counter you can get (like for cats and dogs) from like P&H etc?

Hi, I'm having similar trouble with my bunny recently, I give him a small handful of pellets in the morning which he runs over to like he hasn't seen food....ever and in the evening a few spring green leaves with a bit of carrot or broccoli and the same happens then. He has a hutch full of hay which he doesnt seem to eat at all and although people say to feed less pellets to 'force' him to eat his hay, he just refuses to eat it and I have to give him a few more pellets so I know he isnt starving!! I have ordered the samples of hay from the hay experts?! (is that what the website is) to try and see if he likes a certain hay.

Charlotte

Jemma&Theo said:
is there any symptoms for worms really? and i bet its a good idea to do them both.

I bet the vets is expensive is there any like over the counter you can get (like for cats and dogs) from like P&H etc?

Dont think P+H do a wormer for rabbits. Check some on-line animal pharmacy.

I would ask Jane she knows how much to give.

I never knew Dougal had pin worms till I saw them on a poo he had just done. If I had not see them I would not know. If you take a sample to the vets they can for a flotation test. If in doubt check with your vet.

honeybunny said:
How old is Cleo? if she is under 8 months she should have access to unlimited pellets to allow her to grow properly

Argh, I didn't know that so I've probably not been giving Sam enough! Thanks :eek:

Rabbit Panacaur from the vet is a 9 day course of wormer and isn't expensive :D
Cleo does look small for a full grown dutch..we have a dutch girl here who is small for her age and she goes mad for food..maybe increase her pellets a bit :D

okidoke- i cant tell if she has lost weight of anything but i can feel her ribs (which i never could with theo)

she scoffs her veg down too so try upping that rather than pelletts or up both?

Of it was me i'd up both and see if she starts to fill out a bit :D you can always cut down again if you think she has finished growing!

okay- i feel guilty now though. :(

Theo is just greedy though everytime i walk past he is climbing the bars for a treat. and he begs all the time.

I give her about 10%-25% more food than i give theo and he is a netherland. I suppose im not used to feeding the bigger bun

Don't feel guilty..you are asking for advice and finding out all you can..I think you come across as a very caring owner and i'm sure your bunnies tink the same! :D

Back