• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eddie-U/D 1455hrs

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: :cry:

He has been on treatment for a lower respiratory tract infection for about 4 weeks. First Septrin-no effect. Then Depocillin-GI disturbance after 3 days so treatment stopped and NO abx given for 3 days to try to prevent enterotoxaemia (RTI did improve after 3 days Depocillin) Guts then OK but yesterday RTI showed signs of recurrence. Eddie will now be starting on Engemycin. BUT he also appears to have oral discomfort, has stopped eating pellets but will eat hay and veg.
THERE IS SOMETHING NOT AT ALL RIGHT WITH EDDIE RABBIT

:cry: :cry:

We will be seeing the Vet this morning

Janex

Eddie has been admitted for a GA and Dental. I asked if he should also have a chest x-ray but the Vet felt it not necessary at this stage ( :? ) It would also mean he would have to be treated over at Richmond where the X-rays are done. The Vet said she did not feel that Eddie has a tumour in his chest (not sure how she can be certain though :? ) and that his Respiratory problems may be allergy related rather than infection. Although I did say he improved on Depocillin :?
Anyways, the Vet wanted to start Eddie on steroids and Baytril.........

I expressed concern re steroids and asked if a Bronchodilator might be better in the first instance. Thankfully the Vet agreed. So now we just have to hope that Eddie makes it through the GA........

Janex

Eddie is now home :) He got through the GA OK and he was found to have spurs on his molars which were scratching his tongue :cry:
The Vet said his breathing was good throughout the proceedure. Despite what was discussed earlier she administered a steroid injection to treat a 'possible allergy'.......... :? :? :?
Eddie is to remain on Baytril, the Vet said for 3 days yet Christobel disagrees with short courses of abx ..... :? :? :?
Eddie is to be reviewed in a week.

Somehow I fear this next 6 weeks without Christobel is gonna seem like a VERY long time :cry: :cry:
I wish I did 'trust'.......

Janex

Back