• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how long to wait/spaying/neautering question

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
When I get Holly and Basil neautered and spayed, will i need to wait 6 weeks still or a shorter period of time seems she will be spayed?

If a male is neutered after becoming potent (that will be when he is nearly 12 weeks old), he has to stay alone for 6 weeks after the op. That is the time the sperms in the spermatic duct are still viable.

A neutered female can run with her fellows just when she is fully awake and eats.

so to answer your question if she's spayed there won't be the risk of her being pregnant though it might be a while before the males hormones die down, you won't want him humping her while she's sore after an operation. I'd wait until she has completely recovered first :)

touie said:
so to answer your question if she's spayed there won't be the risk of her being pregnant though it might be a while before the males hormones die down, you won't want him humping her while she's sore after an operation. I'd wait until she has completely recovered first :)

so i won't have to wait a full 6 weeks then, just until she is recovvered?

cavysrock said:
touie said:

so i won't have to wait a full 6 weeks then, just until she is recovvered?

Yes, but also need to remember that the bonding process might be more difficult if his hormones are still rampant! :shock:

I would wait a minimum of 3 weeks as he will be neutered at the same time and his hormones will still be high. She may well get pestered by him if the hormones are still high which she will not want if she is just a few weeks post neutering herself.

I waited 6 weeks as the poor girly bun needs to heal fully internally before she starts getting pesterd by a boy bun.

Rabswood

Back