• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Myxomatosis-Wild Buns, SOUTH WALES

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I spoke with Mal ( my Ex) this morning. One of his houses is in South Glamorgan, South Wales. He says he has seen lots of Myxi infected wild Bunnies in the area :cry: Just thought I'd pass on the info for any of you in or around that area

Janex

Thanks for that. Rudy is due his myxi booster v soon and if there a wild bunnies with it locallly i definately need to get it done

thanks for the tip jane - is there anything we can do to prevent buns getting it (obviously they've both been vaccinated)?

buddabun said:
thanks for the tip jane - is there anything we can do to prevent buns getting it (obviously they've both been vaccinated)?

Vector control is as important as vaccination. So treating your Buns for fleas and also treating all your other pets for them too. Mozzi netting over the hutch and run is a good idea.

Janex :)

Just got off the phone to my sister and her boyfriends dog caught a rabbit that probably had myxi today and that was in sommerset near castle cary or pilton. So everyone in that area watch out.

She told me because I was there over the weekend in the same field as the sick rabbit, Nunz is at the vets on wednesday.

In the forest of deasn my friends mum's been going out with a spade, whacking wild buns with mixy regularly for the past 4 months now. Only the really bad ones who can't run away as they are blinded etc...

Back