• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some people shouldnt have pets

sgprescue

Mama Doe
I got a call a few days ago from a lady that runs a local cat rescue asking if I could take in 2 bunnies from an elderly lady that couldnt cope with them anymore. I was told they were a male and female nethie and still living together. I went to pick them up on Thursday and when I arrived there were actually 3 bunnies not 2 and they were all living on their own, the other which I was not told about was very overweight (should be about 2kg but was 3.45kg :evil: ). The poor little male nethie was dribbling and had a very obvious lump on the side of his face. Luckily they were booked in to be neutered that morning so it could be sorted out straight away. I put the 2 nethies in the carrier and had to put the extra bunny on the floor of my car as I didnt have another carrier and was not going to leave her there. The hutches were filthy and all they had to eat was a bowl of mix :evil: . The little male had mange mites, very overgrown claws, severe dental problems and a large jaw abcess :cry: Despite all this he is responding very well to treatment and is such a bright little chap. I have named him Tyson because he is a little fighter :lol:

P1000738Correction.jpg

In this pic you can see the area on the side of his face where his fur was shaved and the abcess was drained
P1000739.jpg

This is the little female nethie
P1000759.jpg

and the overweight female
P1000642.jpg

Oh my :love:

Tyson is so gorgeous :love: He looks so much like my pyscho Blue but smaller, I'm not a Nethie person but they are gorgeous!

And overweight lady :love:

Will she be up for a home when she's slimmed down?

Gem said:
Oh my :love:

Tyson is so gorgeous :love: He looks so much like my pyscho Blue but smaller, I'm not a Nethie person but they are gorgeous!

And overweight lady :love:

Will she be up for a home when she's slimmed down?

Yes she will be up for homing. With my strict diet regime she will soon shift the weight :lol:

Poor bunnies living in those conditions :( ... Hope they are okay and find forever homes when they are ready to leave.

Well done for getting them to safety!!

I don't know what's going on but all the bunnies we are rescuing at the moment (9 last week) all ahve serious injuries/illnesses, several with jaw abcesses, one was so big it was pushing his eyeball out and he couldn't blink :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's getting worse!

Good luck with them

snowy said:
Well done for getting them to safety!!

I don't know what's going on but all the bunnies we are rescuing at the moment (9 last week) all ahve serious injuries/illnesses, several with jaw abcesses, one was so big it was pushing his eyeball out and he couldn't blink :shock: :shock: :shock:

It's getting worse!

Good luck with them

Sadly things are just as bad here. When I first started the rescue the ones that were coming in had very few health problems, most were just overgrown nails at the worst. The past few weeks almost all of them are coming in with problems. I have taken in 7 this week and all except 1 has got or had something wrong with them. Perhaps its because the cost of living has gone up a lot recently so it makes it more difficult for people to pay things like vet bills :? Whatever it is its the poor animals that are suffering for it :cry:

tyson is the most gorgeoust bunny I have ever seen - oh I am so in love with him!!! - I hope he recovers quickly - he must feel so much happier now hes safe and getting healthy.

aaawww what little cuties.. glad they are now safe with you Cheryl and hopefully will soon be able to look for new homes.
MissBlondeBunny will be pleased to see more nethies :wink:

Awww they'r all gorgeous, not meaning to stick up for her or anything but if she was an old lady it maybe just got a bit much for her and at least she realised this and got help, albeit too late. Many people would have jst left them to die, or worse, made it happen........ :(

Back