• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help please

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
Patch has gone to theemergency vets tonight he was fine then I found him lying on his side and he couldn't stand at all. They thikmaybe stroke or annurism and they've given him steroidsan dI was inpieces and didn't know what to ask I have noidea about this condition. Theyve kept himin and I wanted maisie to stay with him but they said it was too dangerous because he needed to be kept very warm and it would be too hot for her. I feel so awful and I dont want him to be on his own.
Does anyone know of any treatment for this? I dont think the outlook is good. He had a fit on the vets table too. I just cant stand him being there all alone. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

He's had multiple fits since the injections. They have to PTS now and I can't be there because I have four small children at home and I have no one to watch them and I can't take them out again. I cant stand it :cry: they dont want to leave it naylonger and i dont want him to suffer . the have givenhimvallium so he is sleeping.

Oh god hunni I am so so sorry.

If he is that poorly then it is the kindest thing to do.

I'm sure Patch understands why you can't be there and at least he is not in pain while he is sleeping.

I'm really sorry hun and I don't know what else to say.

*lots of hugs*

XxX

I'm here if you need me

Oh god Sally :cry:

Do you have any idea what is the problem?

Patch knows you love him so much, I'm sure he understands why you can't be there with him :(

Huge hugs coming your way, I'm here if you need me

Have they actually put him to sleep yet? These fits can be caused by E-C. If this is the case he may be ok once the valium kicks in. I had a bunny a while back show no previous symptoms then suddenly started fitting like that. He was on diazepam overnight and by the morning had righted himself and was put on a 28 day course of panacur.

Whatever happens with him my thoughts are with you.

he is gone already. i dont know if it was the right thing but i didnt want him to suffer. he was very bad before the fits he couldn't stand at all and have not many reflexes - only slight deep pain response i think they said. i hope i havent done the wrong thing but i didn't know what to do .

If it's any slight consolation, I think you made the right choice :(

Binky free now Patch, free from everything :love:

I think you made the right choice as well hun.

You didn't want him in pain and now he isn't, he's at peace.

Binky free Patch eating and doing all the things you love

XxX

Spacegirl said:
he is gone already. i dont know if it was the right thing but i didnt want him to suffer. he was very bad before the fits he couldn't stand at all and have not many reflexes - only slight deep pain response i think they said. i hope i havent done the wrong thing but i didn't know what to do .

You did what you thought was right. In situations like that you have to rely on what your vet suggests. I am sure he will now be running through the long grass over the rainbow bridge playing with the other bunnies. My thoughts are with you.

I am really sorry Sally

I think you made absolutely the correct decision acting on the advice of the Veterinary Surgeon actually treating Patch

IV/IM Diazepam should stop seizures within half an hour of administration and should prevent further seizures if the dose is given at regular intervals, along with steroids to reduce inflammation in the brain. If Patch did not respond to IV/IM Diazepam and a repeated shot still had no effect then my UNQUALIFIED opinion is that he had an intracranial bleed (Stroke) or aneurysm (ruptured blood vessel in the brain). There is also the possibility that he had a heart problem, thus the blood supply to his brain was effected.

You did absolutely everything possible for Patch. I am so very sorry he did not make it :cry: :cry:

Janex

I am so sorry Sally about Patch and it was the kindest thing you could do. I know how sorry you were that you couldn't be there because of your kiddies but Patch will have gone to sleep knowing he was loved so much.

so sorry to hear about this. I think you did absolutely the right thing for Patch.
Binky free little bun.

Back