• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

opinions on this hutch please u/d - pic of other up

sorry yet another hutch post :lol:

i was planning on getting the massive happy hutch but am very put off by the fact its plywood and so is me mum (shes going halfs with me:) )
so was looking online and think this hutch is very well made and i like it but i was just wondering what the thoughts were on it being suitable for 2 rabbits?
i did phone to see if they could make a 5ft version but sadly the guy who made them passed away so they are currently trying to find someone new but could be upto a month or more!

anyways here is the hutch and i like the fact its made of quality stuff

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Log-Cabin-rab...38594QQcategoryZ63513QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

honest opions!

only for a small rabbit- 4x2x2 is good for a little bun with access to the bottom part at least 8 hours a day

harvey is well hes a cross breed - hes not massive - and im going to be adopting puzzle who is a young lop from honeybunnys soon. im just looking around for something good quality really. was very gutted they couldnt do it 5ft cas they sound a really good company.

oo thats a good idea! for some reason i never thought of phoning them! :roll: am off to try ring now and see if anyone is there!

I imagine happy hutch would be able to do something for you. They did one for me in a size that wasn't listed on their website - didn't take long to arrive either.

Han

i have to say i was concerned by the ply they use. i have a ply exterior on my hutch, but its 12mm (twice as thick as the happy hutch) and is marine ply so wears well, and its double thickness on the doors. i was also concerned by how thin the structural wood is, i know mines a bit ott with 4"x2"!!! its difficult to find good quality hutches anywhere, let alone for a sensible price.

bumble3130 said:
really want a nice quality hutch for the buns and wanna get it right so hope u dont mind me asking for ur thoughts :D

I'm sure nobody minds! :D Its soo hard finding a good hutch that your happy with!! Hutch-hunting is about the only thing in the world I get really stressy over :oops: Hope you find the perfect hutch soon!! (If they really exist :p) Xx

You could always screw another layer of wood on the Happy Hutch. The size of the combo is unbeatable, I am quite happy with it. The run is 2 ft tall, so big binkies are possible. :D

Bavarian Bunny said:
You could always screw another layer of wood on the Happy Hutch. The size of the combo is unbeatable, I am quite happy with it. The run is 2 ft tall, so big binkies are possible. :D
To be honest though, you shouldn't have to start modifying something the minute you buy it , just to make it weatherproof :( It should be made of quality stuff in the first place

here is the picture the guy sent me.

this is a double 6ft so basically cut it in half down the middle is what id get - more taken to this one.

DROPDOUBLE2.jpg

thanks becki - yep im getting very very stressed and proper funny about what it has to look like :lol:

bumble3130 said:

Looks good Chick :thumb: ... You cant be fussier than me matie, Had to have one made in the end cuz I just couldnt find one I liked :oops: Looking for a new one for Jen, cant afford to have another one made, Its traumatic!! :lol: X

:lol: :lol: They are always useful for fosters Becki :wink: You can never have enough :lol: I do have quite a collection now xx :oops: :roll:

Steph said:
Now thats a nice hutch but what price is it please ? :D

6 x 2 x 2 hutch on 6 x 4 x 22" run cost 195.00 inc del.
remember tho its only half of that hutch - one pictured is a double.

he also does two other big sizes

5 x 2 x 2 hutch on 5 x 4 x 22" run cost 165.00 inc del. (6 x 5 run £180.00)

i expect alot of that is for the delivery charge as it is courier.

Back