• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I want a baby!

tracyuk

Mama Doe
I have been trying to convince my OH to let me have another bun and he keeps saying NO! Anyway on my way to and from work I pass a house with a big sign outside saying "baby bunnies now ready, £5 pound each" I dunno what to do, I am having to be soooo strong!
:angel:
Tracy

if you really want one do what my mum did when she was little, she bought a cat and told my nan that she found it outside :lol:

Just buy one and say you found it :lol: he will fall in love with it :p

Thats a great idea, do you think he will believe me? :lol: I know if i get one he will love it. He didnt want the two we have got but he loves them to bits, He cannot walk past them without giving them a bit of fuss :lol:
Tracy

if you have the space and money why not adopt one from a rescue centre? It might persuade your OH if you are giving an abandoned bun a home :)

Well i started off with a dog and now hav loads of pets :lol:
I share a room with my sis and she aint an animal lover and last sunday i bought a hamster and to start with she was like oh man that aint saying in room and its still there now she she loves her.

I`m sure he will fall in love with a lil baby bun so go for it!! tell him i said yes :lol: oh and let me know what happens 8) xx

Dare I say please don'y buy one?..Go to a rescue if you want another bunster......... people selling cute little baby bunnies are one of the main problems rescues are overflowing and unable to cope with numbers :(

Lecture over! :D

honeybunny said:
Dare I say please don'y buy one?..Go to a rescue if you want another bunster......... people selling cute little baby bunnies are one of the main problems rescues are overflowing and unable to cope with numbers :(

:thumb:

mandy said:
if you have the space and money why not adopt one from a rescue centre? It might persuade your OH if you are giving an abandoned bun a home :)
I 100% agree, my first I rescued from a childrens animal farm, and my second was from a rescue place in Yorkshire. I am worried about bonding an older bun with my other and thought a baby might be easier, Lola is so nervous because of her past. I also thought that at least a responsible owner would end up with one of this litter rather than them going to children who loose interest in them after a few weeks.
Still not sure, I have my eye on a few on RRH too. Could end up with a house full :lol:
Tracy

I have two rescue rabbits and there are quite a number of really young bunnies in rescues that need a home. However, there are loads of lovely older rabbits that have been neutered and vaccinated (saving you a fortune) that need homes too, why not have a bonded pair? All the hard bonding work has been done for you.

Don't buy.

I am worried about bonding an older bun with my other and thought a baby might be easier

Same here Jemma, I was really suprised when I went to pick out my little man there was a lot of baby buns in the rescue :(

honeybunny said:

ditto

Neil

Thanks for all the advice. I am going to give the house a ring and see why she has babies for sale, I might be able to convince her not to breed. I know you all feel very strongly about this (as do I) but I was only saying that I was tempted, as Ill bet everyone else here would be too, whether you would buy one or not!
Tracy

Back