• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WHAT TO DO FOR HOME CHECKS?

mumofthumps

Alpha Buck
What do rescues look for when comign to do a home check? We want our house to be perfect when the time is right to have one (v soon i hope!) so any help would be great. Thank you :)

LAYINGTHUMPS.jpg

Well, personally I chat about what they already know about keeping rabbits, the amount of research done before hand if a new owner speaks volumes. I have a look at the space where they are to be kept, ask if they are a home owner or rent, family commitments, holidays etc. Also I run through the most common ailments, teeth, eyes and the importance of vaccination giving a fair idea of costs and life expectancy.
It's also quite heavily based on the impressions given by people, those who are enthusiastic, willing to learn/already have. The animals welfare is what is important, firstly does this person want to give a good home, and secondly can they?
If you're on here, and are obviously wantng to do this correctly, I'm sure there will be no problem :D
Best of luck x

Back