• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shredded paper?

Hi guys,

Just bought a new shredder - security and all that!

Just wondered, as I've just emptied it, is it safe for the buns to play with, if I put it all in a cardboard box for them - will they like it?

Thoughts please :D

Best free toy you can make that is! Put some food under all the paper and watch them scrummage around for it!

Shouldn't be a problem, unless they eat the paper? (or nick your credit card details!!!)

buddabun said:
...plus the mess eh?

Well they make a mess anyways! :lol:

Best free toy you can make that is! Put some food under all the paper and watch them scrummage around for it!

Shouldn't be a problem, unless they eat the paper? (or nick your credit card details!!!)

Thanks for that Mad Bunster, I don't think they'll eat it. As for the credit card details, I'll make sure I leave the sellotape out of the room, so that they can't stick all the shreds back together![/quote]

My lot love playing with paper and making nests with it. The mess they make with it thought is shocking :shock: but i don't mind i can just sweep it up and i have become partial to nicking a pile of free metro papers in the morning :oops:

Picture442.jpg

Love Brian xx

Buzz isnt impressed by it, he prefers his hay, but the guineas go mad for it, bury themselves in it and wont stop popcorning. plus, once it goes in with the other animal waste, noones getting those card details!!!

Great photo Jack's-Jane!

Just had a thought my shredder is a cross shredder, which cuts all the strips up = a whole lorra mess! Oh well, if it makes them happy!

Great looking pic..
I bet if it's my rabbit she would eat them all up in just a night..She is a proved paper eating machine :)

how do you stop them eating it ............ i thought buns automatically munch the paper - or is that just some buns

caz

cazza said:
how do you stop them eating it ............ i thought buns automatically munch the paper - or is that just some buns

caz
Thats what I was wondering. I can never decide if mine are eating the paper or just shredding it. They have plenty of hay and veg too so if they are eating it it doesn't seem to have done them any harm. :roll:
Tracy

I was told by a friend that a vet had said shreded paper was a better bedding in the summer than hay because it does not attract flies(Therefore less risk of fly strike) fleas/mites as much. I do use shreded papper in one of my rabbits bed rooms and one with straw/hay (they have two bedrooms in their hutch. You do have to change paper alot as it can go flat. Mine love it when I stack it to the fop of the hutch and you can hear them dragging it all over the place

Back