• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

something has spooked the bunnies!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
Okay, last night we heard Eddie (our cat) fighting with something, afterwards he came running inside with a few claws missing and scratches all over his head. Then I heard a banging coming from where the guineas and Holly is so I went outside with my trusty torch and checked around, they all seemed fine and their hutches were locked up securely, but just to be sure I put covers over the hutchs and I went back in. This morning I went out to feed them and Holly was a nervous wreck, she was sitting in the corner oh her hutch shaking and everytime I tried to stroke her she franticly stumbled about her hutch as if she was frightened, and she also tried to jump out the hutch. It's unusuall cos Holly spends all day and night out in the run but she wouldn't go in it this morning. The guineas were ok, they were just a bit more quiet than usual.
what do you think it could of been?

could it maybe be another cat if it was fighting with your cat? Cats can fight quite bad sometimes and make terrible noises which may have frighthened poor holly. Might also be a fox if you live in an area where they are? Hope everythings ok xx

Back