• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oat Hay Fans?

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Just wondering whether there were any other buns out there that are fans of Oat hay?

I think my two might be after we had a sample, but I would be interested to find out other people's/bun's opinions. Am going to buy some more soon to test this theory out more........

Yep I always find oat hay a great way of getting bunnies who don't usually eat much hay, to eat it. My Santa loves oat hay but won't touch most other types :lol: It also seems to help encourage dental-problem prone buns to eat more hay, the strands are quite big so it sometimes seems to help them munch. I'm a big fan :D

Yup my two adore it. I out some in at bed time and when the morning comes it's all gone!! Little fatties!

Mine were not that fussed. I still have three who wont eat anything, not even dried orchard grass. The one that went down the best was the timothy and rye hay for Greenfields rescue.

yep lily loves it. pip will eat almost any type of hay put in front of her but lily's a bit more fussy. thumbs up :thumb:

fi x

Trip loves it! When I put Timothy hay in now he runs over and when he realises its not what he thinks he just kind of looks at it like what is this :roll:

The others like it but not as much as Trip does :lol:

Back