• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ethical Non-animal tested Hutch Cleaner/Cage Cleaner ?

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
Hi I am looking for a hutch cleaner that hasnt been tested on animals, as in on their skin/eyes etc not on their cages - as that would be daft. Anyone know of one as i am finding it difficult to find one? Or does anyone know how to make one like with lemon and stuff like Kim and Aggie.

Thanks
Joanne

White vinegar! Amazing stuff and cleans dried on stains off better than anything else I have ever tried! If you're not too keen on the smell being absorbed into a hutch, you could try watering it down, or using lemon juice instead. I'm pretty sure the acidity levels kill any nasties so no need for chemicals, and vinegar is so cheap :D .

Brilliant... white vinegar it is.... i think ill water it down though.... do the buns hate the smell of it though?

My buns don't seem to mind the smell of vinegar. I do about 50/50 vinegar and water, and keep it in a spray bottle near their pens. It works really well on litterboxes and pee stained carpet, too!

I've found that white vinegar works quite well on the plastic trays (removes the dried on wee etc). If it's quite badly stained it may need soaking for a while or several times. Certainly cleaned mine better that other cleaners!

Back