• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Making friends

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
the new chapter in my book:

how do you get your new rabbit to settle in? how do you introduce him to you and your family?

do you pick him up - leave him on his own for a day or two to settle?

what do you do? how do you make friends?

its for my book- please only post if u wouldnt mind ur quote in it.

and also put ur first name and location by your post. thanks

i think you should bring he/she home, let he/she settle in for a day, then the next day start stroking he/she and letting he/she get to know you and not be scared of you.
then the next day pick he/she up, and hold he/she throughout the day making sure he/she is calm and relax.
then on the fourth day intoduce he/she to your family, and it should be used to being held and stroked he/she won't mind kids or strangers stroking he/she.

Jenna

this is what happened in our household when harvey arrived....

i collected him about lunch time and brought him straight home. obviously he was abit taken back and abit scared being whisked away to somewhere new. i took him to his shed and let him settle in. gave him some food and left him be for couple of hours. then i later went in with some vegs and sat with him for awhile.
next day i sat in for longer with him just talking to him and letting him run around me in the shed and yet again left him after a little while. took him out later and let him run around inside the house while i sat on the floor and let him sniff me when he wanted, then would pick him up for a cuddle and noserubs. i didnt introduce him properly to my son for a couple of days. i just took it gradually - if harvey didnt want to come to me i didnt force him, i took it at his pace and knew when he comfortable enough to know this place as his home

Kirsty, Northants

your very welcome to use any of this if you want to

Back