• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who has adopted an oldie bun ??

hairdi

Warren Scout
:cry: :cry: :cry: I see many of you have taken on alot of young and baby buns, but has anyone taken on any of the oldie buns :cry: :cry: :cry: I like to take on the older buns for many reasons, but the main one is they are over looked because of their age :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Diane

We have an older bun - Gorgeous George. We don't know exactly how old he is, but he is no spring chicken. He has no front teeth and is a bit boney, but so loving. Out of all our buns he's the one who loves a cuddle.

We have one very young bun who came from a rescue, she is a Belgian Hare and no-one wanted her because she wasn't fluffy. She's a bit of a handful but very very cute.

Our others (10 in total) range from 1-4 or 5, with George being an unknown age, but I would never reject a bunny on age simply because the older ones are (sometimes) calmer and more socialable.

I have just adopted Grandpa Gregory, he is 10

Picture410.jpg

Janex :D

we adopted our Bracken last August and she's now 7. she was getting overlooked because of her age, and had ended up in rescue as she was 6 and the owners were bored of her

i dont think there's any difference between her and my other bunsters (who range in age from 5 1/2 mths to 4 years) other than she's a little stiff when running about

she's very rewarding though and lovely natured and we dont regret for one minute adopting her. hopefully she's got a lot of years left to live with us.

We take on older buns - if we had more room I would have more - as it is, we have 22 buns at the moment.
We started off taking in the older buns and then took in disabled and special needs buns as well :D All of these are overlooked usually or the disabled ones are pts :(
But we take them and love them to bits.
I wouldn't be without my OAB's - I adore them and they have so much love to give :D :D :D
Billy is our eldest at the moment, he is over thirteen now - our eldest bun lived till nearly fifteen.

I have oldies too - I am unsure of the ages of the majority of my buns but some of them have been here 5/6 years and were certainly not young when they arrived.

They are fab and have so much character :D

PS Hi Jay!!!

I adopted 11 year old Molly who had spent the last 6 years in Rescue - constantly being overlooked due to her age. :cry:
Their loss and my gain as she was an absolute treasure. A month after I got her, we discovered she had masses in her abdomen :cry: Despite this she lived another 15 months and we had a wonderful time together.

Rusty is my 7 year old blind adopted bunny. Handed into the rescue as the grandchildren had tired of her. Again their loss.......... Sue has met her and can vouch for what an absolute adorable darling she is and also how she defies her years :)

I haven't yet - had no experience with oldies - but it did dawn on me the other day that all my buns are roughly the same age, so will hit old age at the same time :?

I did decide that if I ever adopted another Rescue bun - I'd get a hard-to-homer, whether that was cos of age, colour or aggression.

I always take on the oldies, whatever animal it is :)
I feel its silly for me to take youngsters when they have a much higher chance of a home, plus many people don't want to take an older pet on due to the risk of vet bills and extra work but I personally find it more satisfying and this will probably sound a little odd but I can prob home three times as many if I take on an older one as I have them for less time and they get a fab twilight home with me :D

I would like to adopt an older bun in the future, when we adopted Remus we were originally going to have his mum but as it worked out she found a home before he did [she was striped harliquin, he is agouti].
I'm always attracted to older animals as not only do they genuinely need a good home but they are far more settled in their character. I especially feel a sympathy towards mums that have had litters that have all been adopted but nobody has wanted mum, that really makes me sad :(

...and Grandpa Gregory is gorgeous! [oooh alliteration...]

I adopted teddy last year who is about 4 although i think he's much older, he is the most friendliest bunny I've had and loves attention. i adopt all ages, it's more about the bunny than the age, they tend to find me most times! and i would never turn one down because of it's age. I do adore babies but they all have something to offer and the older ones are definately in more need of a home.

Bailey is about 3 years old. I have a soft spot for old pets and think my next pair of bunnies will be oldies from a rescue home that keep being overlooked. I like the thought of giving them a secure happy home for there remaining years.

I would love to adopt an older bunny :love: They had a lovely 7 year old boy when I went to collect Beau and I was so tempted to take him too. Just need to work on my mum a bit first :lol: It will be easier convincing her than moving in with my boyfriend and then trying to convince him we need more bunnies!

Back