• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Marcy needs vibes

Fionabun

Mama Doe
Hello all.

Yet again, little Marcy needs vibes for tomorrow as she needs another dental, that's been four weeks :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

She has gone off her food (last night) although confused me as prior to that she did a big binky in the garden. I really need to 'catch' it early this time as she developed terrible bloat x 2 last time though I got her through that. As usual, nothing to be seen on the scope by the vet, but as we all know, that means very little when it comes to bunny teeth.

Please please please think of her. This is her 4th dental and the gap has gone down from 8 weeks to 4 weeks no matter what I seem to do.

Fiona x

Willow has his dental on friday - it's been 3 weeks since his last one. He's still eating and not showing any signs yet. It was 4 weeks inbetween dentals before and he went off his food so we've cut it down to 3 as we don't want his o get to that point again.

Vibes for Marcy!!

My bun Fudge will need regular dentals, how much do dentals cost ?
Thankfully he hasn't gone off his food and seems fine but our vet said he will have problems .

Thanks guys, finding this tough as they all need them so regularly. Its so much work, never mind the cost. I can put the cost to one side as I can afford it, but they always need sooo much TLC after it.

Marcy is fooling me by eating a little and quite regularly and she isn't turning down anything. Just eating and giving up sometimes, eating slowly too. I have swithered and swithered but I need to let it happen tomorrow because of her tendency to develop full blown bloat and GI stasis very quickly. Also, the vet is going on holiday as of Friday until next Wednesday so it will be a locum.

I get the whole thing for about £35 including free painkiller injections home with me in case they still need a little extra pain relief.

Fiona x

Oh dear, Marcy still needs vibes. She had her dental on Thursday though she has not really pulled through yet. She ate on her own last night for the first time though we are back to square one this morning, she wants nothing. She has been given intensive TLC, fluids, syringe feeds, pain relief and gut stimulant by me but has not improved. She is pooing, but only thanks to syringe feeds and prepulsid.

Although my dental bunnies always take a while to come round to eating again, its unusual for them to take such backwards steps.

So we are off to see the vet this morning. I might try to get a urine sample in the first instance in case it has been something else that has been missed. I feel terrible if she has had a dental and it wasn't that that was wrong with her.

Marcy is a sick ickle bunny and we appreciate any vibes you can send our way.

Fiona x

Oh Fiona,
I`m so sorry Marcy isn`t recovering aswell as hoped. :(
Hope all goes well at the vets & am sendinmg buckets loads more vibes her way............................

Hugs to you,
Su.x

Back