• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fundraising for Walsall RSPCA

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of Dussy Hoppers

On April 29th I will be attempting my first ever marathon. The Shakespeare Marathon in Stratford-on-Avon.

With my recent loss of Mr P and foster bunny links, I have decided to dedicate the event to rabbits and fund raising for Lucy. I am therefore seeking sponsorship and was wandering if I could post a message on the Fundraising Forum?

Here is a copy of a photo that appeared in the Walsall Express & Star last week:

MarathonPhotoMarch2007.jpg

Dawn

Thankyou Tree for posting my fundraising request!

If anyone would like to sponsor me, then please visit Walsall RSPCA's website for full details:

[b][url]www.rspca-walsall.org.uk[/b][/url]

Here youwill be able to make a pledge and donate either by post, or you can pay direct via Paypal.

Watch this space, as I will also be launching a competition to guess my finishing time.

Thankyou for your support!

Dawn

Yay, thanks for this Tree. We have had no online donations other than from Dawn yet :cry: so even if you can only spare us a £1, you'll be guarunteed it will all go to the bunnies. Thank you bunny lovers :D

I went on the webbi and can't find where to sponsor, I'll deffo sponsor how could :thumb: I not when I've had beautifull Marley, Maisie and Pippin :love:

How many miles?

Well, I am terrified to say that it is 26.2 miles! A full marathon! It will probably take me about 5 hours to do the distance. HELP!

It seemed like a really good idea back in January when I decided to do it. Now with only 5 weeks to go, I am beginning to wish I was doing something far more sensible ... like jumping out of a plane!

The furthest I have ever run in the past is 10 miles, so over two and a half times that is a very daunting thought indeed.

26 miles!!! Tough one!! I hope to do the Nottingham Robin Hood Marathan in September - thats only 13 miles and the thought of that is worrying!!

Hope it all goes well - I've sent a donation via paypal :D

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the people that have donated to Dawns Marathon so far. Not only to those who are supporting us financially, but to those of you who have had rabbits from us and given them fantastic new homes. You're all great :D

By the way, for anyone who has had trouble finding the donation link, there is a Paypal link on the first page of our website and on the donations page too. Thanks to you all again (and keep it coming if you haven't already donated, Dawn nearly killing herself has to be worth something for the bunnies :lol: ) Well done Dawn, we're really proud of you 8)

Just a quick update to let you all know how the training is going.

March has been a very tough month. I managed to strain my hamstring in the first week and was forced to stop running for 16 days. At one point, we thought I would have to pull out all together! Anyway, after several trips to a local sports phsio, I finally managed to get back up and training.

Last week went very well, and on Sunday I managed to do 13 miles, which is the furthest I have ever run. It is still a very scary thought though that I have now got to run twice that distance in just four weeks.

HELP!

By the way, if anyone tells you that running is a cheap sport, don't believe them. So far, it has cost me two new pairs of trainers (£100), two new sports bras (£20), two sets of new running kit (£80), five visits to a sports physio (£150) and the various race entry fees (£60). That's over £400 already just to do one race! Thinking about it, maybe I should just have given Lucy a cheque for £500 and saved myself all this grief?

:lol: :lol: Yeah I would of given Lucy the cash rather than run the race :lol: . Seriously though, you're very brave :D

Well! Just two week to go now till I pound the pavements for five hours around Stratford. On one hand, I am really looking forwards to the day and to the challenge. On the other though, I am absolutely terrified!

I managed to run 15 miles last weekend in three hours, which is the furthest and longest I have ever done before. It has taken me most of the week to recover from that ordeal!

To think that I have now got to do that again ... but then keep going ... for another 11 miles .... HELP!!!

I just wanted to say well done, thats so brave I fact reading this has helped me out.
Im training for the potters half marathon in june, up to now Im training 2 or 3 times a week but struggling to run anywhere near the distance. Ive done about 6miles, youre doing so well to go so far. I also will be runnig for rabbits in my local rescue.
Good for you, you'll do great-sheers pride and adreneline will keep you going for the second half. :D

Hi Kiri!

Thank you so much for the wishes etc. I am really excited about tomorrow and am really lokking forwards to it now that I have got this far.

You are up to 6 miles with still a month of training to go? Then it sounds like you are more than half way there already. Keep up the good work. If I make it home in one peice tomorrow, then I may well have a go at the Potters Arf as well!

I DID IT

Well folks!!!

I DID IT !!!

It was by far the most difficult thing I have ever done in my life so far. The first 13 miles were not too bad. I managed to do them in 2hrs 25mins.

It was the second lap that was sheer torture, and I very, very nearly gave up after 15 miles. Somehow though, with sheer grit and determination, I managed to block out the pain and keep plodding along. Before I knew it, I came to the 20 mile mark, and then I started to realise that I could do this after all. There was also a sign on the track here that said "BEWARE THE RABBIT HOLES!", which I took as a bit of an omen. It gave me a lift and reminded me why I was here in the first place.

So I battled on against all the odds, and finally made it home in 5hrs 39mins.

"I MADE IT!"

"AND I KEPT MY BUNNY EARS ON ALL THE WAY ROUND!"

Well done Dawn (especially for keeping your ears on ha ha!). We're all very proud of you. :D

Congratulations, that must have been so hard but you'll feel proud of it forever.
Now the potters half should be a doddle...only joking, but I did manage 8 miles the other day even if it was only flat along the canal.

Back