• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about bunny..

fiver & tenor

Young Bun
Ok, I hope Im not being overly panicy, but I am worried about my bunny. She never ate all her greens last night, and didnt touch her pellets this morning. She is just lying down in her bed, she is usually very active and greedy. I just feel that there is something not right. Anyone got any advice??

Px

has she pooed?
i would be inclined to get her to the vets asap. if she is off her food and quiet she could be going into gut stasis and will need some meds from the vet to get her tummy working again.
hope she feels better soon, let us know how she does hun :wink:
these bunnies do like to worry us!

Hello :)

It sounds as though your Bunny has tummy ache :( I would get her to your Vets ASAP as Bunnies can get very poorly if their tums stop working.
Hopefully your Vet will diagnose and treat the problem and your Bun will be back to munching very soon

Janex :)

Captain rupert is giving me the same worries, but he has just had half a apple and some waer. Hope your bun is feeling better

She has perked up a bit.. has now eaten her dinner and done some poo. Still keeping an eye on her, but think she is doing ok!

Thanks for the advice!
Px

fiver & tenor said:
She has perked up a bit.. has now eaten her dinner and done some poo. Still keeping an eye on her, but think she is doing ok!

Thanks for the advice!
Px
:thumb: Great news :D

Back