• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frazzled bunny mum!

catswhiskas

Warren Veteran
Oh my goodness, my 2 baby girls are driving me mad and I am at the end of my tether! :roll: Seriously I don't know what is wrong with them.... they have ripped the carpet in my spare room to shreds, which isn't great when we are desperately trying to sell this house. Anyway, I have tried as hard as I can to block areas off etc! Anyway, they are obsesses with 2 particular areas in corners and have stripped the carpet back to floorboards. Maisie, the dutch, started it all..... Dutchies ey! :roll: No surprise there :shock: But now she has got Lily doing it too and they are like things possessed. Honestly, it doesn't matter what I do to try and block and stop them, literally the second I leave the room, they are doing it again. If I shut them in the hutch they start trying to push the door open and pull at the bars! So I relent, and let thme out again and they start this? The room is full of toys and things to chew, but no! Please help a very frazzled bunny mummy, even if it is just to reaasure me that I am not alone with this! I am sat here now and from above my head all I can hear are naughty baby bunnies digging to Australia through my carpet! :lol:

Mine do exactly the same with the carpets!!! I've bought mine more toys and tunnels to try and take their mind off it. It does work to an extent.

Nicola

Blossom and Pippin have practically destroyed my spare room. When they move out this summer it will have to be gutted. They have chewd through insulation on the wall, the skirting board and the carpet.

I change their toys and chewy things twice a day to stop them from getting board put cardboard boxes in there too sometimes but they are still on a path of destruction.

Rabswood

give them a carpet tile to dig- they are about £2- stick it in their fave corner and let em dig till their minute little hearts content

Ooooh good thinking I will try that! I am glad I am not alone. Its O/H's birthday today..... I bought him a Tassimo coffee machine, so have given them the box! That is temporarily keeping them busy. They are keeping a low profile when I go in at the minute, they know they are naughty little beggars! They even have the cheek to thump at me! :shock:

gosh sounds like they have to be occupied ALL the time :shock: :lol:

get 2 bits of clear perspex and put them on top of the carpet :D

A storage box that is full of hay/paper/soil/sand? put it in the corner to get the attention elsewhere?
yellowpages/telephone books to shred? Blankets/towels to dig?
I know what you mean.. one of mine did that to my rented flat :shock: I put a piece of wood over it which worked for a short while and i also moved their cage so that it was in the corner they were attracted too meaning they couldnt get to it :D They soon forgot about it and did something else :D

what a pain! noisy bunnies do your head in. I agree with putting a square of extra carpet down. other than that all I can offer is sympathy!

x

Hey guys thanks for the suggestions.... I have tried everything... I move their hutch to cover the patch they are chewing, so they just do it somewhere else. They are realy trying my patience. When I go in the room they just hop up and lick my ankles which makes me melt and I can't ever be cross with them! I wish I had a digi cam so I could show you how cute they are"

Back