• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tell me........................

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
what you know about your bunnys breed (for my book) please.

what do you know about lops, angoras, lion heads, giants, frenchies etc.

just common health concerns, personality traits, pet suitability, advantages and disadvantages.

thankyou would love you if you could help. and all good quotes will be used in my booklet

whats buns do you have?

I know nethies can be aggressive often and can develop eye problems

I know dutchies are clever and mischevious.

just little comments like this i need

My frenchie is feisty - but friendly. She's really confident - as is my English Spot.

1 of my 4 lionhead crosses is kind of arrogant? As is my purebred lionhead. My rex is very friendly - but wasn't always so.

My New Zealand white is the friendliest bun ever (except for a couple of my cross-breeds)

Angie65 said:
My frenchie is feisty - but friendly. She's really confident - as is my English Spot.

1 of my 4 lionhead crosses is kind of arrogant? As is my purebred lionhead. My rex is very friendly - but wasn't always so.

My New Zealand white is the friendliest bun ever (except for a couple of my cross-breeds)

yeah ive noticed how friendly rexe are too

Lily (dutch) is very cheeky and mischievous, always into everything.

Pip (nethie) is quite shy but really opens up once you have her out her run. she loves cuddles and will fall asleep in your lap. I lost a nethie under ga getting her teeth done. not sure if it is a trait in nethie's or just my beautiful posh paws rosie having bad luck :cry:

fi x

I have 3 lionheads. One has an extremely woolly type coat which knots up really easily, the other two have much finer fur which doesnt knot so much. They are all quite different but all friendly. All of them are happy to be stroked and cuddled. One is hyperactive and doesnt sit still for 5 minutes! They are all very nosey and inquisitive :D

Diddeen said:
I have 3 lionheads. One has an extremely woolly type coat which knots up really easily, the other two have much finer fur which doesnt knot so much. They are all quite different but all friendly. All of them are happy to be stroked and cuddled. One is hyperactive and doesnt sit still for 5 minutes! They are all very nosey and inquisitive :D

is it Nala that knots up most?

I have a lion head and he needs regular groomign and cannot be kept on woodshavings as they matt their fur, they also tend to get tooth problems because of the "squashed" faces and often their fur can cause irratation to their eyes.

Holly is a "stone" rabbit, she is a well known breed but the anme is quite un-familiar to some. She has an agouti coat and sticky up ears, extremly close resemblance to a wild bunny. She is perfectly healthy and has a nice sheeny coat, she can be quite agressive but she loves one persona dn only one person (me :D ) and will not tolerate being handled or stroked by other people. Her and my old Stone bunny's hocks seem to be covered with a very thick layer of fur so they are ok on concrete/slabbed areas.

I find lops very amiable, good natured bunsters... nethies seem a lot jumpier and stamp a lot... Nethies are cheekier but lops are bolder

I'm sure it's not arbitrary - just personal observations of my two!

buddabun said:
I find lops very amiable, good natured bunsters... nethies seem a lot jumpier and stamp a lot... Nethies are cheekier but lops are bolder

I'm sure it's not arbitrary - just personal observations of my two!

whats ur name for my book?

My lionhead Scarlett is a little nutter and doesnt sit still at all :lol: Im sure she knows when she is about to be naughty because she kind of watches you and moves really slowly towards my handbag or something, then when I tell her no she gets all excited and binkys about :roll: :lol:

Trip is an Agouti and he is such a sweetheart an so laid back :love: He loves being cuddled and spends ages grooming me and laying on me. He is a little lazy though and I have to encourage him to run about

Buu and Beau are both dutch lops. Beau is still a little nervous sometimes but I would say thats because of where he lived before I got him, and he is really playfull :lol: Buu is a stroppy little madam :shock: She isnt really a cuddly bunny but she likes her nose rubs and gets a bit annoyed when I stop. She loves playing with her toys and is my only bun that gets back into the run without me chasing her round the garden :lol: She is very confident around me but is real nervous around strangers or the vet, I am the only person that can really touch her

BirdieBun said:
is it Nala that knots up most?

Nope.. Simba is the worst one! :lol: :lol: Nala fur is more like cat fur.. very fine but thicker strands than simbas.. his knots up like sheeps wool does or like wet cotton wool!

Back