• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

AWFUL DAY ....2 WE DIDNT SAVE.....LOST ANOTHER and last one

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
Tracey had a call this morning from someone needing help.

they had bought 2 buns...both female ...and guess what ..they wernt, 1 was a male. :(

hence 3 babies . :( the male was still in with them and they had no where to put him if they took him out . So they said they needed to rehome him . They didnt have a car so couldnt bring him to us and anyway didnt know which 1 was the female :? :?

so Traceys OH took her through to collect him .

when she arrived she was appaled at the size and state of the hutch . It was so small that we wouldnt even use it for guinea pigs . (less than 3 ft) And it was filthy.

but it gets worse . the woman had told Tracey when she rang for directions that 1 of the bunnies looked ill . When Tracey arrived it was obvious it was the female who had given birth and that something was seriously wrong . She told the woman the bun needed a vet now , but while the woman was...thinking what to do....the poor mummy died . :cry: :cry: :evil:

The woman wanted to keep the babies with dad :shock: :? :? until Tracey pointed out that he wouldnt have MILK :shock:

On further inspection Tracey found that 1 of the babies had also died :cry:

Tracey now has the 2 orphans with her but the woman refused to give up the male .
All Tracey could do was give out some firm advice about hutch size and cleanliness. :evil:

oooohhhh god what do we have to do :evil: :evil: :evil:

:( :( :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
How awful some people are just so stupid and ignorant.
Poor mum and baby,and poor dad that is left :(
So glad you managed to get two of the babies.

:( :( :(
Awww, i dont know how you do it Angie, i really dont. You deserve medals for what you go through (all the rescue workers/volunteers/and any1 else involved), i dont think i could stop myself from hitting people if i were you :x .
((((((HUGS))))))) for you and Tracey x

Oh Angie :cry: :cry: :cry:

I really cannot understand how some people can be so STUPID.
Unless of course she was.....Errrmmmm.. 'intellectually challenged'....

I really hope the little orphans will make it.

Poor Daddy Bunny :cry:

Binky Free Mummy Bunny and Baby..... :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh my it just gets worse :cry: Poor babies, mum and dad. Hope the little ones come through this xxx Sending hugs to all the bunny rescues

i can't if the doe died while that woman was 'thinking about it' if the poor thing was that ill you would have thought there must have somthing wrong!
:evil: :x
at least the babies are in better hands now.

the babes are ok .

Tracey put them on to our nursing mummy bunny last night to feed (poor bun she must be sick to death of this :( ....but if it wasnt for this mummy bunny wild bun wouldnt be here and these new 2 wouldnt have a chance :( )

we may try and put them in with the other 5 in a week or so but at the moment we think they are far too small .

Will you be able to get the RSPCA to call on this woman in a few weeks time? It is unlikely that they will start keeping poor daddy bunny in any better conditions.

Some people are just THICK.

Rabswood

Back