• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ohhhno baby wild bunny may have bloat....looking better

Baby has had subcutaneous fluids , gut stimulant and i think a painkiller but not sure :? everything was a bit of a rush and Tracey is a bit upset and stressed .

its been a horrid day and will post another thread about that in a mo :(

vet thinks either bloat or the start of a gut infection (entaritus??sorry hopeless at spelling :oops: )

Aparently this often happens to babies raised on kitten milk from a very young age :( :( :(

Angie

bunnymadhouse said:
Baby has had subcutaneous fluids , gut stimulant and i think a painkiller but not sure :? everything was a bit of a rush and Tracey is a bit upset and stressed .

its been a horrid day and will post another thread about that in a mo :(

vet thinks either bloat or the start of a gut infection (entaritus??sorry hopeless at spelling :oops: )

Aparently this often happens to babies raised on kitten milk from a very young age :( :( :(

Angie

Oh dear

I dont know if the Vet would think giving some Cholestyramine (Questran) a go might help? In cases of Enterotoxaemia it is meant to bind up the enterotoxins before they are absorbed into the bloodstream. A bit of a longshot but just had to mention it.

Poor Wildie..... :cry: :cry:

Janex

What about soft poop from a healthy bun could this not help with the good bacteria. I'm sure I have read that some where :? I'll have a look and get back to you.

nicole said:
What about soft poop from a healthy bun could this not help with the good bacteria. I'm sure I have read that some where :? I'll have a look and get back to you.

Def' a good idea. Well done Nicole :thumb:

Lots of Vibes for Wildie

Janex

bunnymadhouse said:
DO BUNNIES BURP .

TUMMY RUBS ARE PRODUCING GURGLES AND WHAT SOUND JUST LIKE BURPS :shock: :shock:

Well they do hiccup.....
Unfortunately they also make burp sounds when their stomach is so distended it restricts their lung capacity :cry:
So the 'burps' are a sort of mouth breathing as the lungs are not able to expand due to pressure on them from the distended stomach :cry:

Janex

Unfortunately they also make burp sounds when their stomach is so distended it restricts their lung capacity
So the 'burps' are a sort of mouth breathing as the lungs are not able to expand due to pressure on them from the distended stomach

oohh :( :( :( that doesnt sound good then :cry:

Back