• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird behaviour...Confused.

Pringle

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone may be able to help me.
As some of you may have read my bun has problems with his teeth and needs to be put on the grass each day to try and keep his teeth down.

I have a run on the grass and let him in it but he sometimes puts up a fight so i have a harness on him which is much easier to get him.

The problem is the last couple of days when ive gone to get him to put him on the grass he has been running away and not really wanting me near him :( its like he really doesnt want to go in the run on the grass. i put him out twice a day in the morning and after my work. in the morning the last couple of days he has just sat in the corner and not moved and at night he has been eating but lying down a lot.
This is really worrying me as im scared there is more to it?, i thought it might have been the colder weather as last couple of days its been freezing, but hes an outdoor bun so is used to it.

If anyone knows what may be wrong please let me know! thank you.

Hx

Is he eating and pooing OK ?
Does he have ongoing Dental problems?
If he is unusually lethargic and lying down a lot I would get your Vet to check him over.

Janex :)

Hi,

Is he eating a pooing normal? If you are really worried a trip to the vet for a general check might be a good idea.

Does he have shelter in his run as I'm sure the weather where you are must be very cold now. My bunnies never like the wind and cold and stay inside when it is, if you don't have a nice cosy shelter perhaps you could get one so that he has somewhere to go if it is very windy or cold whilst he is out in the run.

Also perhaps it is the harness he doesn't like!!! I spent a fortune on mine and my bunny runs a mile when he sees it coming :lol: :lol:

Maureen

MoBunny said:
Hi,

Is he eating a pooing normal? If you are really worried a trip to the vet for a general check might be a good idea.

Does he have shelter in his run as I'm sure the weather where you are must be very cold now. My bunnies never like the wind and cold and stay inside when it is, if you don't have a nice cosy shelter perhaps you could get one so that he has somewhere to go if it is very windy or cold whilst he is out in the run.

Also perhaps it is the harness he doesn't like!!! I spent a fortune on mine and my bunny runs a mile when he sees it coming :lol: :lol:

Maureen

He is used to his harness he runs around fine with it normally, i have shelter on both my run and his hutch/run, he is pooing ok other day they were a wee bit long instead o purleys :? but i brought him in tonight after he was out and he was hopping about fine. so i dunno xx

Jack's-Jane said:
If he is unusually lethargic and lying down a lot I would get your Vet to check him over.

Well he has had his teeth cut down twice within 6 weeks and vet said if next time it does that might have to pts although ive seen on here loads of people get theirs done every so often,
He is eating fine and his poo;s are ok apart from other day were a bit long and funny looking but fine since, he just seems a little bit quieter, maybe im being paranoid :? xx

Pringle said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Well he has had his teeth cut down twice within 6 weeks and vet said if next time it does that might have to pts although ive seen on here loads of people get theirs done every so often,
He is eating fine and his poo;s are ok apart from other day were a bit long and funny looking but fine since, he just seems a little bit quieter, maybe im being paranoid :? xx

Is it his molar teeth (back teeth) that are the problem?
I suspect whatever is wrong is related to his teeth. But that does NOT mean he has to be PTS. If that is all the Vet suggests then I'd find another Vet ASAP

Janex

Grass and hay is best for wearing down teeth so basically what the vet is advising is encouraging him to eat more of this. You can do that even if you don't put him out in a grass run though. Reducing his pellets, trying different varieties of hay, and growing grass in a tray to put in his normal accomoodation can all help :)

Tam

Tamsin said:
Grass and hay is best for wearing down teeth so basically what the vet is advising is encouraging him to eat more of this. You can do that even if you don't put him out in a grass run though. Reducing his pellets, trying different varieties of hay, and growing grass in a tray to put in his normal accomoodation can all help :)

Tam

Thanks :D , yea the vet said to try and get him to eat as much hay and grass as possible but he doesnt seem to be interested in the hay and ive bought different kinds, he munches on the grass loads but ive never thought of growing it in a tray...Thank you 8)

Jack's-Jane said:
Pringle said:
Jack's-Jane said:

Is it his molar teeth (back teeth) that are the problem?
I suspect whatever is wrong is related to his teeth. But that does NOT mean he has to be PTS. If that is all the Vet suggests then I'd find another Vet ASAP

Janex

Well the vet just said its cause he would be stressed taking him to the vet every 6 weeks to get it done, yeh its his molar teeth, they are growing in squint and keep cutting into his gums and tongue... dont wanna say bye to my lil bun though as hes so young. I`m gonna take him to vet at end of the week to get them checked as that will have been four weeks, and if vet mentions they have grown and grass hasnt helped ill mention about you guys... Thanks youve helped loads. :)

Back