• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

best way of making a trio?

joanner55

Warren Scout
Hi
Im thinking of getting 2 other buns to bond with suzie as she does like company and looks lonley since glimi went to the bridge at the weekend when shes on her own in consevatory. She seems happy in herself we have her in the room for a few hours and she binkies about but she cant be trusted near wires, it doesn't matter how we block them off she finds one to chew! She always seems to want be with the cats but they arn't that bothered about being with her, they have a sniff then just charge around chasing each other and ignore suzie :(
Anyway was wondering whats the best way? getting a bonded pair and then bonding them with suzie and would i introduce seperatly or all together or get 2 single buns and bond them all together? I know it would probably work both ways but just wondering which way would be best.

be interestin to see what ppl think- you shud ask carys. (birdiebun)

Id be worried the bonded ones would bully the other. hhmmmm

Well i started out with a bonded pair.. Simba (male) and Nala (Female) and after about a year of them being together i got Fifi (female) and bonded her to them as well. They all snuggle each other on and off and chase each other quite happily. Simba is extremely laid back though. Nala is a bit shy and Fifi is just nuts so dont know if its just a good combination or if it will always work. Maybe you could find a bonded pair at a rescue and see if they will let you try your bun with them first to see what happens. I guess there could be some jealousy. Fifi was only a baby when i got her and was very newly spayed. Simba and Nala were both neutered/spayed before i put those two together the year before

I think either way would be ok, but pairs are often harder for rescues to rehome so if you are getting rescue buns by taking a pair you'd be making things a little easier for them.

I would get a pair maybe a boy and a girl if you already have a girl :love:

But it is up to you I just think at least if you have a pair that is already bonded thats one less worry for you as if you got 2 single buns you have to bond all 3 from scratch which will be harder for you.

To bond my Orchid with my bonded pair wasn't too difficult so good luck I am sure you will be just fine! :D

Back