• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
I work in an Estate Agents and a vendor who is coming on the market with us tomorrow has said she wants to get rid of her rabbit. I have not seen it, but my manager has. He says its quite big and the vendor has said her vet has said it cant be paired with another rabbit.

Thats all I know. She says she wants to get rid of it when she moves, so we have to sell her house, and then wait for the legal stuff to get done, so could be 3-4 months yet.

I keep thinking about this rabbit. I dont know what sex it is, how old it is, if it is healthy, what size accommodation it is in.

My manager has said I cannot phone her to try and get the rabbit off her now, as I dont think she can be looking after it if she talks about it by saying "get rid".

What would you do?

personaly i would ring the woman regardless if i was intrested in taking the bun myself alternativly you could also email her with a list of rescues...rabbit rehome webaddress etc.. (techniqly thats not 'phoning'...)

If your boss has told you not to phone her if you value your job I wouldn't. However she's bound to ring you or come in and you could mention your boss told you about her rabbit and give her links to rabbit rehome etc, so you're being helpful rather than seen as interfering

give the number to someone else- then get them to ring her sayin they heard from someone in the pub he was for sale

Giving out her personal info e.g telephone number would be a big no-no if your boss found out. It sounds like she takes well enough care of it to have taken it to a vet in the past so I would wait until you speak/she her on a different occasion to bring it up :)

I agree, I think you should respect your bosses wishes and not phone her, she must have some concern for the rabbit to not be wanting to just dump it on you straight away. I'm guessing if the vendor is coming on the market with you today you'll have a fair bit of interaction with her so I'd wait for her to bring it up again, let her know you might be interested in taking the rabbit and find out as much as you can and have a look whilst you're there, see what state it's in.

I don't understand why your boss could stipulate that you shouldn't contact the woman in connection with the rabbit. Is it a contractual thing?

i would wait for the lady to ring in and then casually drop it into the conversation. I can understand why your boss has told you not to call her as she may be offended.

capel said:
I don't understand why your boss could stipulate that you shouldn't contact the woman in connection with the rabbit. Is it a contractual thing?

Just might appear a bit rude. She is coming to us to sell her house and then I phone up and hassle her about a rabbit that she may or may not want to part company with - think my boss wants to see how things go, as if we dont sell and she doesnt move then I am guessing she will keep the rabbit.

I dont do viewings so I wont get to see the rabbit but I will get my boss who is going there today to have a further chat with her and see what she says. He thinks I am daft liking rabbits so he thinks its all a bit funny that I am now hassling him to get more info!!

He is going there about 5pm this evening - will draw up a set of questions for him to ask if it seems appropriate!!

Maybe you could get him to say to her that she mentioned getting rid of the rabbit and that there is a lady in the office who is mad on rabbits and may be interested in having it, why not give her a ring?

mandy said:
Maybe you could get him to say to her that she mentioned getting rid of the rabbit and that there is a lady in the office who is mad on rabbits and may be interested in having it, why not give her a ring?

That sounds like a good idea :thumb:

Back