• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have a "Bunny Chalet" indoor cage??

Rallybunny

Warren Veteran
Does anybody own one of these? (I mean the De-Luxe Bunny Chalet or Bumper Bunny Chalet). I am thinking about moving Evo to a different room, and there would be a bit more room for a bigger cage. These look great, but I was wondering if they were any good, and how the bunny gets access to outside the cage when it's left open??? The reason I am looking at these rather than attaching a run to his current abode, is that I'd like it all in one, to be a bit more sturdy - I like the fact that the roof is attached.

I have only seen them for sale at that one site too, are there any other suppliers? Or is there anything similar on the market with a roofed attached run?

Don't know, but I CAN'T BELIEVE that they say their 120cm indoor cage is suitable for French lops :x :x :x
I have sent them a very cross email!

Spacegirl said:
Don't know, but I CAN'T BELIEVE that they say their 120cm indoor cage is suitable for French lops :x :x :x

Have you read the top of that page? :? It does say that the cages should only be used as a base for the bigger buns.

Rallybunny said:
Spacegirl said:

Have you read the top of that page? :? It does say that the cages should only be used as a base for the bigger buns.

Hmmm :? Still think they're really unsuitable for a french lop.

I cant see how you can leave them open for them to get out.. can only see a roof door.. and thats all it mentions too :?
Have you looked at dog crates? I thinkt they are much better. Or if they are too big what about a 140cm indoor cage? I know what you mean about the run bit but maybe you can us an outdoor run so that it has a roof on it :?

Diddeen said:
I cant see how you can leave them open for them to get out.. can only see a roof door.. and thats all it mentions too :?
Me neither - only openings are on top. Evo would have to jump out over the side panels.

Mike

I looked at those when nI was indoor hunting.... but as mentioned the only access is via the roof, so it would need a bit of adapting...

they look cool though. But i simply leave the door open of the 120 I have. that way its just used as a base and a loo!

The door issue could probably be fixed with a pair of wire cutters :)

Another option is a hutch type setup - try talking to a local carpenter. You can make pretty impressive houses from converted cuppoards or putting mesh around the bottom of a coffee table :)

It doesnt look very tall to me. I only browsed and didnt see the measurements. Have you considered a dog crate?

I really want something that will give him a bit more space when I'm not home - he can't be trusted free range when we're not here! I only work 21 hours a week at the moment, but am looking for a job with more, so he'd be in his cage a bit more than he is now. I really want something that has a solid attached run. I wonder if I could fit a big dog crate into a similar sized space??? :? I don't really like dog crates though. :?

They do look horrible! I've got mine in the front room, not very attractive, but it does the job. What about a medium sized dog crate with a run attached. Someone on here suggested using fire guards to me to construct a run.

Not that I'm against the one you have suggested. it's whatever works best for both of you :D

Back