• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help Guys, for wheels on a rabbit

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Hello,

My friends bunny only has the one back leg and now there is some nerve damage on the other. Bun is fine and everthing, yet the vets have said pts may have to be considered if mobility is a problem. Who remembers Wolley? Anyway I said I knew of a bunny who had a cart (Wolley), I've found his bridge post but because the search option is down I can't find any others. Anyone know where they got their cart from?

GRSWHEELIEBUN27.jpg

Is Wolleys owner on here!!! I would love to write a story about him for my magazine, would be a nice tribute to him and give owners hope and advice.
Anyone please let me know!

I remebr seeing a bunny in our local newspaper some years ago now..he was paralysed after getting a virus was all it said..and he looked very sim to the bunny youve shown..but they git theirs from doggon wheels who are usa based but have shops worlwide..theirs are used for dogs,cats.rabbits and even ferrets!

http://www.doggon-uk.com/home.html

go here

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/rabrefs.html

scroll down to disabled rabits and then carts for rabbits and youll se theres a 30 second movie of a bunny using her k9 cart..bless her..

Wow i am totally amazed :eek: ! i have never thought of this before or even saw it! wow ill remeber this.
Good luck to ur bun :D xx

One legged Bunny

My Rabbits have just had a litter of bunnies that are now 4 weeks old. One of the bunnies was only born with 3 legs, well he actually has half of the leg and no foot, which is causing him problems. The vet said either pts or chop of the rest of the leg. This is going to cost £200 and not sure how he will be after the op.

Anyone heard of this before, as I really dont want to put him to sleep, but dont want to see him in lots of pain either :(

Re: One legged Bunny

vicstar said:
My Rabbits have just had a litter of bunnies that are now 4 weeks old. One of the bunnies was only born with 3 legs, well he actually has half of the leg and no foot, which is causing him problems. The vet said either pts or chop of the rest of the leg. This is going to cost £200 and not sure how he will be after the op.

Anyone heard of this before, as I really dont want to put him to sleep, but dont want to see him in lots of pain either :(

Hello,

I have a Rabbit born with only half of one of her front legs. It has not caused her any problems at all. She is as mobile as any four legged Bun
What sort of problems is the deformed leg causing?

Janex

Re: One legged Bunny

vicstar said:

Jay who runs Ebony Eyes has had a few bunnies who have only had 3 legs including the famous Scoot, I believe they also took in some bunnies who were born with crossed back legs.

This is the story of Scoot http://www.ebonyeyes.co.uk/aspbite/...../aspbite/categories/index.asp*Q*intCatID=10 It is a while since Scoot has posted on the forum.

Firstly, there is no need for a bun to be pts if they are happy and are willing to adapt to being disabled - please have a look at my website - I have had a number of buns with three legs and all have been happy buns :D We have two buns who's back legs cross right over but they are such happy little things and enjoy life to the full :D We also have Rufus who cannot use his legs at all but has lived with us for nearly a year and is the happiest Emperor Rufus Dufus you could ever see :D

If you have any questions about severly disabled buns then I can try and answer them as best as I can - I have never had a cart for any of our buns as some will take to them and others will not - I also think that in some ways it can hinder them more and cause spinal damage depending on what is wrong with them.

Please don't let a bun be pts - if I can I can take them on - please give them a chance - if they are happy to adapt then they can live happy lives even if they are normally shorter than other buns lives.

Soad and Vicstar, if there is anything I can do please let me know - you know how we do our best to give disabled buns a chance :D

Back