• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help! Why's bunny punishing me?

sarahmarshadlam

Warren Scout
Hi,

I'd be grateful for some advice from anybody that has had the same treatment from their bun :cry:

Tinker's double hutch is in the bedroom but as he's noisy now at about 5am I've bought a single cage-hutch to act as his bedroom in the spare room.

After his last run, I give him a nice long cuddle (he's a rabbit that likes cuddles) at night so he's grinding his teeth & very happy before putting him in the spare room.

However, in the morning he's in a big mood with me! He usually runs to greet me, but instead he ignores me. When I put my hand in he does 'present himself' briefly but when I get him out & let him run around he completely ignores me for about 1/2 hour. He will have some strokes but for the whole of the morning & early afternoon he sulks.

He's usually very loving & wants as many strokes as I'll give, but today he turned his back to me & flicked his foot.

He's had this sleeping arrangment for a few days & he seems to be really punishing me for 'putting him away in a cage'. I didn't know rabbits could be this moody & hold a grudge. :roll:

He's now 5 months btw, What can I do to woo him round? Will he get used to it eventually when he realises it isn't a punishment/bad thing?

Any rabbit psychology help would be much appareicated! :lol:

Many thanks, Sarah

i think it sounds like he has become a 'teenager' :lol:

he's at the age where his hormones are kicking in- if you get him neutered, so will calm down :thumb:

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply!! He was actually netured when he turned 4 months, but I hear it takes a while for hormones to calm down?

In the past month we've bonded, he's been so loving but just since I've started putting him away at night he's started sulking.

His hutch is next to my bed so he's probably missing the attention when he's in the spare room (I've probably over pampered him).

Do you reckon if I get my husband to take him downstairs he wont realise its me doing it? :wink:

Sarah xx

Hi

Hi,

That crossed my mind but the double hutch is huge (I put it together up there), I really don't think it would fit in the box room.

I have just had an idea though, if I were to drape black material over the hutch would a rabbit be like a budgie & think it's still dark outside? It's only since the lighter mornings he's been waking up early.

Sarah x

Back