• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed of rabbit?

damo008

New Kit
Hi

We bought Mr Biggles 6 months ago at 5 wks old, the shop told us he was a netherland dwarf, but as you can see from the picture he's not!

Can anyone help in telling us his breed?

biggles3.jpg

biggles2.jpg

biggles.jpg

He is likely to be a domestic cross breed..
.....and the shop should not have sold him at 5 weeks old as it is illegal..bunnies should stay with their mums til 8 - 9 weeks of age..not your fault I know but if the shop is still selling babies this young perhaps you could pop in and inform them they shouldn't be?! :D

Back to your bun..he is lovely whatever breed he is! :D Brilliant ears!

.....and the shop should not have sold him at 5 weeks old as it is illegal..bunnies should stay with their mums til 8 - 9 weeks of age..not your fault I know but if the shop is still selling babies this young perhaps you could pop in and inform them they shouldn't be?!

Hi Jill, a pet shop near me sells baby buns at 4 weeks, I phoned the RSPCA and they said there is no law about it and nothing they could do :? And when I mentioned the young age of the buns they were quite defensive about it.

Whatever breed Mr Biggles is, he's lovely :love: :love:

Nicola

certainly not a netherland, but i don't think there is any giant in there as this is a giant at 4 months
DSCF2633.jpg

it's hard to see the size without something in the picture as an comparison and his ear seem smal for a giant
he's a little stunner though[/list]

He is gorgeous - with those ears tho - def not a nethie!! He does look quite small tho, as Jill said probably some cross breeding in there.

His eyes and ears look like those of a giant, but he may not quite reach the size of one. But from the ears you can tell that he's going to be quite big. Lovely agouti colour. :D

That white inner eye lid is like those the giants tend to have . . and those ears . . ! I think there is some mixed heritage in there!
He is really gorgeous :D

Back