• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone have the run off RR?

*Michaela*

Alpha Buck
Does anybody have this?
RR run

I'm thinking about getting it for my girls. Is it good?

It says delivery to UK mainland, would that include Northern Ireland?

Thanks

I dont have it. But if it is to be used for Buns whilst they are unsupervised I would think it needs a 'lid' as its not predator proof

Janex

I have it and it's good for summer on grass although as Jane says I don't leave them in it unsupervised, if I'm not around they go on concrete in a wooden run. I hold it with tent pegs

Yes I got it this week and it's great. My bunnies loved it as they haven't been able to get on the grass much recently. However as the others have said I would never leave them unsupervised in it as it is nowhere near predator proof. The next door neighbours cat ran at them whilst they were in it the other day and had I not shooshed it away I am sure she would have jumped in! Little :censored:

Shiv xXXx

Thanks everyone, I know they can't be left unsepervised in it, that's actually the reason I was wanting it, I want a place that I can go into with the girls on warm days :D , and I also think it will be useful for when they are indoors, like when they are recovering from their upcoming spays.

They have an enclosed wooden run already, but I can fit in very well :p

So do you think UK mainland includes NI?

I was thinking of getting one just for the bunnies to get on the grass when I am sitting out in the sun on my swinging hammock :lol: :lol:

Good excuse to have to lay around in the sun then :lol: :lol:

I've got two and personally I wouldn't recommend them. The holes in them are very large and I've had a bun get stuck between them, we had to cut her out :shock: Plus as the holes are large if you have more than one rabbit they can fight through the wire and do quite a bit of damage to each other. Also Jacob worked out that if he got hold of the wire with his teeth and shook it, the wire twists will work their way down and could jump through the gap left at the top where the panels parted.

I have got one very similiar to this, if you are using it with other buns close to each other, be warned some buns will jump out of it!! Not good if you have unneutered females and males about!

I dont use mine for smaller buns if the mesh on them is big, you can keep your eyes open for one with finer mesh, I have a small meshed one I use for pairing up which 3 week old babies will not escape from, it is only 6 panels though.

jrn1310 said:
I have got one very similiar to this, if you are using it with other I dont use mine for smaller buns if the mesh on them is big.

Yes I learnt this the hard way - my Santa is a nethie who weighs around 950g and she can get through the bars :shock: I got up one morning to find her sitting by the patio doors staring at me :shock: I bought several packs and have framed mine out and made it into a permanent run but I've had to run thinner mesh across it to stop madam from escaping!

I have a few of them, most rabbits are happy to run around in them and do lots of binkies, if i have rabbits that I feel will jump out, I just put garden netting over it and peg it on at the sides :D

Back