• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Friend or Not???

whywaites

New Kit
Hi,

Just adopted a lop earred "Daisy" about a month ago. She is 6 months old and over the past week has become very aggressive at times!! I posted about this and was told that I might want to get her spayed which I do plan to within the next two weeks. But, I wanted to see if it was to late being that she is 6 months to put her with another rabbit so she could have a friend? The people who had her used to keep her indoors all the time but after having her a week we moved her outside to the annex and just bring her in a couple of times during the day to run around etc. This had been working ok up until a week ago when she became aggressive. Any advise?

Thanks,
Karen

a rabbit is never to old to have a friend :D
I would advise to have her speyed, wait about 4 weeks for her to recover and her hormones to even out a bit..then look at rescues near to you for a neutered male to bond her with.
Your local rescue should be able to give you advice on bonding and find the perfect partner for her.

No way is she too old!

Rescues are the way to go because they will not only help with bonding but if it turns out that one partner doesn't work, you can try another.

Mine didnt get a new friend til she was over 1! - 6 months certainly isnt too old....
it might help her with her aggression as well..... there's not much more work having 2 - and the pleasure they get and you get is something else! I definately recommend 2! ( or more :lol: )

FriskyClover said:
No way is she too old!

Rescues are the way to go because they will not only help with bonding but if it turns out that one partner doesn't work, you can try another.

Oh, thanks! I'm not really sure where the rescue center is near me. I live in West Berkshire, do you know?

Thanks,
Karen

My eldest rabbit is 2 yo and has been alone his whole life but i'm going to still try and bond him with my group of 4 :D

I had Pippa spayed, then about 3 weeks later took her along to a local rescue for a blind date with MJ and luckily they hit it off straight away and despite her having spent all the previous 2 years alone they're madly in love

So I'd def recommend getting a friend for your bun :D

Back