• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Badgers

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
are Badgers dangerous to Rabbits, we were out on a run on Friday and therew as a massive rabbit warren and then we walked about a metre down the bank and there were a load of badger sets and we saw a pregnant bunny :love:

I doubt that a badger is fast enough to catch an adult rabbit, but it may eat baby rabbits. Badgers eat lots of stuff, but mostly worms, slugs, frogs and roadkill.

I was awoke one night by some banging coming from the buns (they are right outside my bedroom patio door) I thought something wasn't right so i got up & looked outside & could make out something Black n white moving around. I thought somehow Dottie had escaped , i went to open the door & this huge Badger ran to the door & i thought he was coming in!! :shock: my cat was ready to jump out the door but thank god he didn't the badger would have had him. i totally **** myself i can tell you, he was trying to get my bunny!!!! My heart was beating so fast i nearly had heart attack!!

wild buns seems to get along ok even living next door to badgers.
pets buns are a different matter though and in a hutch could be easy prey :(
i have seen the hutch remains where a badger had literally ripped the door off :shock:
i worry more about badgers than foxes tbh :( badgers are much stronger.

Back