• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my bunny has had 6 babies!

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
We looked after a friends bunny who was supposed to be a girl and she dug under our run into my bunnies run and we thought nothing of it really! last night she had made a huge furry nest and had 4 babies then this morning she made a new nest and had 2 more! I have put them all in the main nest as this is the best thing to do.[/img]

bunny had 6 babaies

YES :) mum will take care of them :) she will feed them once a day usually in the morning :)
try to ckeck the nest each day (while keeping mum amused with some treats) to make sure that none of the babies have died :( if they have then remove them from the nest :(
The babies should stay in the nest and have nice round tummies when they have been fed :) otherwise just let mum get on with looking after them :) give her lots of food and extra bedding :) she will do the rest :)
If you put your hands in the nest make sure that you rub them in the nesting material before you touch the babies so that they smell of their mum and not you :)

Hope you they are doing well :D I was a nervous wreck when my free ad babies were born :oops:

Bet you are well-chuffed - you wanted a bunny family group didn't you? :D

Back