• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Old lady comes to stay at Briar Patch!

Spacegirl

Mama Doe
A lady had requested that her 8 year old castrated male be taken into the rescue. A rabbit with a large dewlap ( :shock: ) was collected from a 2 foot hutch :x
On closer inspection it turned out that this lad was in fact a lady!
She has now been named Melissa :D
She is pretty grumpy about being handled at them moment - not very surprising considering how she was used to living. But she is happy to enjoy a good nose rub so, with a bit of time and TLC, she will hopefully become a friendly girl who knows she can trust her humans :D

P1010083.jpg
P1010085.jpg
P1010084.jpg

She's beautiful but even LOOKS like a grumpy old lady. Adorable!! (Not that I find grumpy human ladies adorable, mind!!)

I really hope she finds a comfy and loving retirement home!

Maaike_Butter said:
She's beautiful but even LOOKS like a grumpy old lady. Adorable!!

She really does, doesn't she! You can see in her face that she's an old girl.

I wonder which vet undertook the successful castration then :lol:

PS Lovely new patio there too, don't you think!

Maaike_Butter said:
She's beautiful but even LOOKS like a grumpy old lady.

i was just about to say that!!!

bless her I hope she becomes more trusting, she's a lovely old gal!

I met the lovely Melissa yesterday and she is an absolutely scrummy old dear! She is very serene and gentle and just wants a little tickle round the ears and rub on the nose, and to enjoy a nice quiet snooze :D

AlisonA said:
Maaike_Butter said:
I wonder which vet undertook the successful castration then :lol:

:shock: Good question!! :shock: She is a beautiful old lady, so sad she's been given up at that age but sounds like it's a blessing for her .... a 2ft hutch? That's so sad and I have to agree that is the biggest dewlap I've seen! :(

She sounds such a lovely bunny. How sad to be given up at 8, but at least she will enjoy her final years.

Back