• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

aggression over food

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Both buns (mainly cleo) have suddenly become aggressive over food, the other day during bonding I put some pellets as a distrcation but theo tried to touch them and theo launched at her- we had to take the pelletts away..

Are they suddenly aggressive because there is competition for food? i put veg in cleos cage and she growled as she thought i was going for her pellets.

Am i feeding enough- shall i increase feeds during bonding so that they have plenty to share?

Try two dishes, then as time goes by and they're happier to share with each other you might be able to go to one dish, same with veges and water if necessary

hi Jemma

we've had similar experiences with newly-bonded rabbits,
after a few days they realise the amount they are getting is
not being compromised and it should settle down. two bowls
temporarily would probably be a good solution.

Neil

i give pellets in two seperate bowls so they dont have to fight, they will sometimes eat out of the same bowl but they dont have to

I always give Trip and Scarlett seperate food bowls, they will usually share out of one then start on the other though :lol:

Back