• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fussy wotsits! Please help

julieszoo

Warren Scout
Not sure if I should put this here or in care. Usually, I find a fairly empty hayrack in the morning. But today, Itchy and Scratchy were peering at the contents in disgust. I have 2 different hays here, plus alfalfa and dried grass, and I usually fill the rack a couple of times a day with one of the hay, and stuff a hanging ball full of either the grass or alfalfa. Can bunnies get bored with a particular brand. Or are they telling me the hay is past its best and I should buy some new stuff? Or should I be booking a trip to the vets? They had their myxi jabs last week, and VHD are next week. They have eaten their pellets, veg and the dried grass, and are currently trashing my lounge while the kids are asleep. Help!

Updated to say this morning they have again eaten all the grass, but left the hay. So I have replaced with another brand. Will see what happens.

Julie

I noticed that my one of my buns wasn't eating as much hay, if any lately. Thought it could be that i was feeding him to many veggies, but it also coincided with some different hay that I bought. I rushed out and bought some Timothy hay and exel herbage, and my bun started tucking in again. Phew. Hope your buns are tucking into the new hay soon.

I bought some of the oxbow timothy hay today, and that has been ignored so far. Tbh, I was suprised to see so much dust at the bottom of the bag :? Excel herbage and quiko herbal hay are the other 2 that they used to eat and are now spurning :(

Back