• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Gus off to the vets - vibes please

I've got Mr Gus booked in for 5.50 tonight as I'm fairly certain he's got mites (yet again). The patches seem to have got worse overnight.

I'm quite worried though as his eye seems a bit swollen and I was only saying the other day how well he'd done since his operation 15 months ago.

There is a slight discharge and it does look red like it did when he first started with his retrobulbar abscess. Also his appetite has dropped a bit. I'm hoping this is due to the mites, but suspect that it might be because of his eye and maybe the mites have flared up again as he's run down due to the eye problem.

Please can Mr Gus have some vibes and crossed fingers that he hasnt got another abscess.

Thanks

Sarah & her special boy Mr Gus.

sorry, i posted in rabbit care about his vet visit

we didnt see rebecca as she wasnt working but saw another vet who was really good

he's got mites so he's had ivomec (sp?) injection and needs to go back next week and the week after for another one. also he's got an infection at the base of his tail where lola bit him last autumn - she seems to think the mites have made this worse but he's on baytril so i'm hoping it will clear it up

as for the suspected abscess - she cant rule it out sadly but she's hoping (as we are) that his immune system is low due to mites etc and that its an infection. she wants us to see how the antibiotics affect his eye before we go down the x-ray route again

thankfully though it doesnt seem any worse although it doesnt seem any better. its still very weepy (clear stuff) which was the first warning sign we had last time he had the retrobulbar abscess. i cant believe it though because i only posted a few days ago about how pleased we were that his abscess hadnt come back after 15 months.

but we are due back at vets on thursday and i'll let you know how it goes. he has perked up since having baytil and injections so im hoping my little boy is getting better

Back