• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

3 rabbits in Surrey...

sylvarabbit

Young Bun
Hi,
I am quite worried about 3 rabbits listed on Rabbit rehome - I don't know how to add a link but they are in surrey, 1 is a lionhead doe 1 year old, 1 is listed as a dutch buck 1 year old and 1 is a poor 2 year old rex. I would like to offer the rex a home - something about her is making my heart bleed to give her a proper diet and lots of TLC but I am very worried about the other two and don't want to go there if I don't know whats going to happen to 'Love Bug' and 'Frank Lampard'. Is it possible that a rescue could take them on? These rabbits have been advertised in the friday ad for a couple of weeks but still havent found a home :(
Sorry you probably think I am a bit interfering and I know there are so many rabbits in the free ads that we can't help them all but perhaps we can help these three?
Thankyou for your time,
Kathryn

Yes that's the one! She does look so overweight doesn't she? The friday ad said 'free with hutch' so I presume she just lives in that hutch... :( Im not sure that the owners email is correct and don't want to ring yet as I really want to help all three find a permanent home - my heart will break if I have to leave two behind :(

Whereabouts are you?

Maybe if your close to some one on here you could foster until they have space?

I am in East Sussex but unfortunately don't have space for all 3 or I would take them temporarily - I could collect and deliver them locally though if anybody has room? I know rescues are full to bursting though and have waiting lists :(
Do you think I should still contact them about just Bluey though? She looks the one that needs attention most. Not sure what to do :?

from their postcode they are in Wallington - its an hour and a half drive from me but I have someone willing to take me...just need somewhere for the other two rabbits or I will only be able to take Bluey. I can't go there until next week anyway ( tues or weds probably) so fingers crossed :)
Do you think she would be able to clean herself being that size? perhaps its just the camera angle but she does look like she is massively overweight and Im sure she doesnt want to play with kids :(

She does look a very big girl! Hopefully she is able to look after herself as they advert does say she is healthy but it's hard to tell. Hope it all works out for you.

I rang this lady and she was keen for me to have Bluey, however when I rang back she said she had changed her mind but had 'loads' of others I could have :?
I think I handled this badly - from the old friday ad adverts she was advertising these three rabbits as free but told me they were £10 each. She has loads of dutch, lionheads and babies apparently and Im not sure what to do - somebody please advise! She said they live in hutches and don't get grazing :(
(there are more details on the backup forum from yesterday when I rang)
Do you think I should still go and bring home another rabbit - as each individual little life is worth making a difference to or should I just leave it?
I have asked if a friend would ring for me and ask about Bluey because I think I put my foot in it when I mentioned her weight and Bluey is still on RR but my frinds and family say a firm 'no way!' anyone on here want to find out if she still wants to rehome her?? perhaps more tactfully than me!
Thankyou ,
Kathryn :)

sylvarabbit said:
I rang this lady and she was keen for me to have Bluey, however when I rang back she said she had changed her mind but had 'loads' of others I could have :?
I think I handled this badly - from the old friday ad adverts she was advertising these three rabbits as free but told me they were £10 each. She has loads of dutch, lionheads and babies apparently and Im not sure what to do - somebody please advise! She said they live in hutches and don't get grazing :(
(there are more details on the backup forum from yesterday when I rang)
Do you think I should still go and bring home another rabbit - as each individual little life is worth making a difference to or should I just leave it?
I have asked if a friend would ring for me and ask about Bluey because I think I put my foot in it when I mentioned her weight and Bluey is still on RR but my frinds and family say a firm 'no way!' anyone on here want to find out if she still wants to rehome her?? perhaps more tactfully than me!
Thankyou ,
Kathryn :)

As hard as it is to leave the Bun by buying one Rabbit will just be freeing up a hutch to be filled with more deliberately bred Bunnies :cry:

I know I am being hypocrytical as in the past I have bought a Rabbit from a breeder. But I have vowed to NEVER do so again. Not only does it free up space for them to keep breeding it also PAYS them for doing so.

I believe I was WRONG to have bought from a breeder ( and was told so in no uncertain terms by some people!! :lol: ) but it is YOUR decision and I for one wont condemn you for acting on what your heart tells you.

Good Luck with whatever you decide to do :)

As an aside, are Breeders allowed to advertise stock on RR? :?

Janex

Thankyou Jane,
you are right I know but the trouble is what will happen to all of these adult rabbits if she can't sell them? She tells me that Bluey has a mucky rear end and I am really concerned for this rabbit's welfare - I know I shouldn't but I can't help thinking that I would happily pay to get that rabbit out of there! It won't help the overall welfare issue though I know... :(
when I rang I thought she just didnt want the 3 rabbits listed RR, I didnt know she was a breeder selling surplus 'stock' or I wouldn't have rung! I also thought that selling on RR wasn't allowed, although taking the rabbits off won't help them find good homes :(

Back