• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really Angry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tupperwarequeen said:
contact RSPCA??

But what can they do. Its not illegal to sell a breeding business.....unfortunately :x And if the Rabbits are fit and well then the seller is doing absolutely nothing wrong in the eyes of the laws regarding Animal Welfare.
I am not saying its right, just not illegal :x

Janex

really angry

OH MY GOD !!! THIS JUST GETS WORSE ......
just phoned the owner up she is 12 years old and just wants rid of them has gone up to senior school so has no time to do it anymore ....
i spoke to her mum and she said to call back lata and speak to her daughter they are mini lops 1 buck 1 poss 2 does and 3 babies 3 months old the girl has bred them since she was 8 years old i dont know quite what to say lata shall i exlain im rabbit rescue and say ill take them and find good homes for them or should i leave it now im very worried for the bunnys what if they end up in the wrong hands ....

Breeding is a truly pants business. And rabbit breeder will tell you you are very lucky to break even, there is no profit involved (obv if you're looking after the buns properly!)

This is really upsetting - but how can they be persuaded to let the rabbits go into rescue when they want £250 for them :shock:
its so sad that people perceive these rabbits as such throw away possesions rather than loving companion animals :(
This ad was in my local friday ad and really upset me when I saw it, then again most adverts for rabbits do! :roll:

just phoned the owner up she is 12 years old and just wants rid of them has gone up to senior school so has no time to do it anymore ....
i spoke to her mum and she said to call back lata and speak to her daughter they are mini lops 1 buck 1 poss 2 does and 3 babies 3 months old the girl has bred them since she was 8 years old i dont know quite what to say lata shall i exlain im rabbit rescue and say ill take them and find good homes for them or should i leave it now im very worried for the bunnys what if they end up in the wrong hands ....

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Why would you even let an 8 year old breed animals?!!! :shock: :? :?
And the mum doesnt even know for certain if her 12 year old daughter has 1 or 2 does :? :? :? Poor bunnies :(

Back