• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

VHD vaccination this afternoon

Leigh

Mama Doe
Daisy and Duke have their VHD jabs this afternoon, just hoping everything goes okay after reading a few adverse reactions on here :? :)

Dont worry. My two never had any reaction whatsoever. Its only the bad news that you hear as we all post to get some advice when things go wrong!

Good luck.

I had 13 vhd jabs done last week & apart from 2 being a little quieter the next morning, they were all still eating & pooping etc............

Su.x

Out of my bunnies its only Fudge that has a reaction to the vhd vac.
He was very quiet and wouldn't eat, next day he was just fine though :D

Thanks for the positive comments, im having a bad enough day as it is and this has been playing on my mind as well. :?

Don't worry, your bun will be fine, better feeling slightly off after the jab than getting vhd - good luck :thumb:

its my litlte english rabbit who had a terrible reaction. The vet told me it was very rare, there are probably hundreds of rabbit vaccinated each day who never have any problems. I am just lucky enough to have one who seems to be allergic to everything :roll:

If you do have any concerns afterwards though, i would go straight back to your vet. My rabbit showed an almost total loss of appetitie, lack of co-ordination and a bit later loss of use of the hind legs and hunched up, and unresponsive. Anna also had a slightly more mild reaction when given her Myxi jab so if they took that ok then they are more liekly to be fine! Hope all goes well. :D

well we have had no problems at all, both of them are fine and seemed to get on better with this jab than the myxi :)

Ted and Dougal have always been quieter for a day or so afterwards, and once Ted developed a funny bump where the needle went in, but never anything to worry about. I'm sure your buns will be fine!

Quick shout as we can't use the search function - what is the name of the new vhd vaccination - my vets hadn't heard of it?

Caz

Thanks - the vets I use for day to day stuff like injections weren't aware there was a new vaccine out both of mine are booked in next week so I may try and call them re the new injection.

Caz

Back