• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Wanted to Know for a While - Daft Question!!

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Silly question maybe, but always puzzled me.

When a male rabbit mounts a girl rabbit does he actually do "the deed" or is it just simulated for dominance. When a female rabbit does the same to the boy then she obviously isnt doing anything.

Just wondering if the girls and the boys did the same, or whether the boys go that one stage further :shock:

Hope you all dont think I stupid but I just dont know and it puzzled me when Pickle and Twinkle were bonding.

One of my neutered boys doesn't do the deed, the other does :roll:

Pick him up next time they hump and have a look :twisted: :lol:

I did pick Pickle up when he was first being bonded with Twinkle and I did see a little pink ******* (rude part). So from what you say I can assume the boys that mount do the deed, the girls that mount just pretend ??????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When I took Ben to meet Lily at the rescue, he tried mounting her from all angles (unsuccessfully as she was twice his size and stubborn as a mule :lol: ). According to the lady there, she said if he was successful, he'd grunt and fall off sideways (sounds like another male I know! :lol: :lol: :lol:). As yet, I dont think he has ever successfully scaled Mount Lily, but that doesn't stop him trying!

It's not a silly question at all :)

I think it's often about dominance. And I guess, like Gem says, sometimes the boys will 'perform' and sometimes they won't.

With our previous bunnies, Fred and Ginger (both neutered), Ginger (female) often chased poor Fred and mounted him. Her preference was for his head :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:

AND she was his sister! :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When Hobbes mounts Phoebe its usually on her head! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back